Bike Names

ReBorne
This post is 4833 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is definitely female as it spends most of its time between my legs putting a smile on my face, but it doesn't have a name :)

maybe you could call it Dildo.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

All my vehicles have had names. They have to earnt hem though, you cant just buy it and go its called "blah".

My bikes called Seline, cos after id had her-i mean it (oh god!) for a while i was watching Underworld Evolution and when Kate Beckinsale is getting smashed in that iso container her eyes turn blue and rather sadly i was like "thats like the colour of my bike" Id have called it Kate but I already have a Celica T Sport called Ziva and my rifle at work is called Abby so if id called the bike kate it woould have been a complete NCIS chicks set and thats just wrong. So seline it was.... plus id reeeaaallly like to ride both. Ms Beckinsale is quite possibly the perfect woman.

• 2 weeks later...

This is important. Especially toward treating it with a bit of feeling and as something temperamental, which it truly is; every vehicle, same model, mfg'd same day etc. is different, unbelievably.

I once had scum neighbors who's dog's name was Shithead. When they yelled at their dog it brought down the property value of the neighborhood. Noone was pleased with it but gotta say it's more affectionate than just "hey!" The dog didn't know any different.

"thats like the colour of my bike"

Mine isn't even put together, but at least has an unoriginal name, pronounced as Carmin and spelled Carmine as in carmine red.

When it's put all together and on the road she gets a new name, Eila. Means light, (certainly not like feather light), more like "beginning to see the light" - haven't ridden in a long time.

Hmmm ... must be an age thing with me, all my pre-menieres bikes were just bikes, but since getting back on after my cure they've been named:

Honda CX650 - Black Bess, coz she was black and could do London to York in no time.

BMW K100 - just 'The Brick' until I had to try and bench press it off me (wet ramp from shed), when it was retitled Fat Bastard

Honda 650 Dominator - Miss Whiplash (united colours of Benetton paint scheme can't be masculine, hence Dominator-Dominatrix-Miss W)

Honda XBR500 - Wee Arfur (XBR-Excalibur-King Arthur and it was 500cc=Arfur litre)

Suzuki GN400 - Guinevere, as she shared shed space with Arfur

Honda NTV650 - Norman The Valiant, following on from the Arthurian theme using the model number

Yam SR125 - not really fair to give it a name as it's just a visitor in the shed, but Sir Short R'se the Scruffy keeps rattling round my head.

I'll just go now, shall I?

Nurse! The screens!!

my dear old '89 DT50 MX, "Plod", because thats what it did, was never in too much of a hurry, would throw a hissy-fit if you kept it above 45mph for too long and the cat would go missing for days on end if i started it up outside the house, but nevertheless that bike was once taking me from Aylesbury to Newbury (70 miles each way) every weekend, and no matter what the weather it would always start without putting up a fight and take me home.

'94 Jawa 640/350 - "Agro", because thats all its given me since ive had it.

as of yet my '89 XJ600 has yet to earn its name...

but i really want my DT back... why did i ever sell it! >.<

• 1 month later...

mine is called joesaphine....dragstar in black ....

ride the fucker,,,dont call it bloody names,,,,,and welcome to the bloody madhouse......:)

Mine is called Bryan. My first bike (a DT50 MX) was Rex.

I say hello to him every morning when I leave the house (I don't commute). Is that weird? :blink:

yes :unsure:

Mine is called Bryan. My first bike (a DT50 MX) was Rex.

I say hello to him every morning when I leave the house (I don't commute). Is that weird? :blink:

did you name it after Bryan the snail ? :huh: