Bike Names

ReBorne
This post is 4811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been a good boy and done a quick search to see if I'd missed a thread on this and from my quick glance it would appear not :-)

ok, I've had a few cars over the years and they've all had names. Mitzy, Betsy, The Bitch etc etc. But despite having the bike for a while it has remained simply 'The Bike'. Until recently, when I called her Ebony - due to the fact she's gonna eventually be gloss and matt black.

So, What do you call yours? Or am I just one of those crazies?

:-D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call mine lots of things(non really repeatable), depends how much trouble its giving me at the time :D

When I call mine,,,,,,,,she starts up,,,,,,,,pulls up beside me,,,,,,,and away we go

I don't call it anything, but I have friends that do.

One has an '04 import XVS1100 Dragstar Custom called CERBERUS!!

It depends what she's doing at the time....

If she's horizontal, then anything goes, I even make up some new swear words.....

When she's going well, it's normally "that's my girl"

I did have a Varadero called Val..... and I named my TTR Tina, but I had to stop as both Val and Tina are also the names of my wifes friends.... and it was getting a bit too erm,,,, you know ..... "I'm off for a ride on Tina.." just didn't go well. Especially as I wouldn't, with any of her friends. :huh:

Oh yes, you may have noticed, all my bikes are female. :D

I call my bike Gail, anything else and she sulks and leaves me with the housework ;)

When I call mine,,,,,,,,she starts up,,,,,,,,pulls up beside me,,,,,,,and away we go

I take it its "Silver " then pat .:lol: Hi- ho .

I take it its "Silver " then pat .:lol: Hi- ho .

:lol: Aye, it workes when i whistle too.

Ye-ha

i call mine a, yamaha rd350lc.

aka 'shat-nav' :mellow:

I don't call my triumph or the yammy by name. However, I do talk to both of them.

Maybe I could call my Triumph whitey-Mcwhite-white-blueline-face. Seems like far too many syllables though.

Yammy could be called Ol'Clacksy, but that's not really very flattering.

your all feckin mental, their bikes for fuck sake,you ride them then bung em in a shed,:rolleyes: you all sound like your having a fuckin love affair.:unsure:

I had an RD250LC that i called "Elsie", original i know! and i call my bike allsorts when they wont go :smash: .

these days, i dont think about giving my bikes a name, but i do talk to them ie "Start you b*st*rd" & "Well done you little honey" :)

everybody who knows me calls my CG125 "pop pop" dont ask me why, but they do :)

your all feckin mental, their bikes for fuck sake,you ride them then bung em in a shed,:rolleyes: you all sound like your having a fuckin love affair.:unsure:

hope you dont do that to everything in your life lol

a bike is like a pet! you wash it , dry it, keep it in its own little home, feed it , take it to the mechanics or look after it when it gets sick, and all bikes have there own personality so its just natural that some people give them a name! whats so wrong with that? and anyway if you talk about engines to someone who hasnt got a clue it sounds sooo wrong anyway. lol B) "i need to grease up the crank shaft to slot the bearing into the hole" lmao or my sparks gone i was doing 50 then smoke started comming out then it splutterd and died on me.

when i was a butcher, we used to say "good morning" to the fridge.

without that fridge we wouldn't have a job, never broke on us in 2 years ;)

I have to admit I do stroke mine and say things like "Come on, girl....." But I always have with cars or bikes.... doesn't feel right treating it like a lump of metal when you spend blood,sweat.... and yes, sometimes tears on them. (The wind gets in my eyes, ok?)

oh, and I admit I'm weird. I said 'Thank You' to a vending machine not long ago :-0

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online