Sign in to follow this  
richard dt

1977 dt 175 indicator brackets

i am restoring a 1977 dt 175twin shock and require indicators and brackets can any one help even if theve got an old rusty rear bracket that i can copy and machine a new one from thanks

Brackets?

The rears mount on the frame and the front pair are mounted on the bars aren't they, designed for the job like.

Loads of em on e-bay for not too much money if you REALLY want the bloody things.

the rears mount to a small chrome bracket which then mounts to the frame

Oh fair enough. TBH i dont think indicators are worth the bother but then mine is used as it was intended in shitty conditions. The mot man got smart and said as the brakets are there i should have the indicators.

So i cut the brackets off the frame :D That stuffed him.

yes i know what you meen but this bike is going to be a bit of history for me i want it as it came new, i was lucky enough to have one brand new the same model and colour

yes i know what you meen but this bike is going to be a bit of history for me i want it as it came new, i was lucky enough to have one brand new the same model and colour

Mine was a different animal. It managed to be mint for as long as it took the original owner to get it home. It was used as an amatur enduro racer for a few years and ended up in bits in a box in a shed. Mate of mine got the bits for 25 notes put it together and it didn't run.

I bought it for said 25 notes and while pushing it home decided to fill the tank as i was passing a station.

I just HAD to see if she'd start, yep second kick.

Been a rough weather/back lane/ off road bruiser ever since. Ice/snow/3ft of water/mud you name it she's been through it. I've had her nearly 23 years and rebuilt her 3 times. So mint is a LONG way from my priorities, i'm also crap at making pretty. Great with mechanicals but paint skills passed me by. So cosmetically she's as i got her 20odd years ago :o .

Sorry to waffle.....

Good luck with your search.

yes there the ones i must look at all listings for dts and not just 175 hope there some more soon took all the tin wear of today ready for the painter im not good at photos will try to put some up