What is the top speed of the DT125X

mares01
This post is 4210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Vez.... Tut

May i refer you to the grumpy old b's.

I would have thought the response to this post required as much effort as was used to write it.

'Bout 70'

Sorted. :)

Thanks for the help guys

Yeah i think it goes about 55mph so i guess its been restricted anyone know how i can it fully unrestricted it or how much aprox it will cost if i take it somewhere and let them do it

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys

Yeah i think it goes about 55mph so i guess its been restricted anyone know how i can it fully unrestricted it or how much aprox it will cost if i take it somewhere and let them do it

Thanks

Yes i know, and alot if you take it to a mechanic to "fully de-restrict it"( if they don't tell you it can't be de-restricted like i have heard before)

Vez.

• 1 year later...

Calm down Kev you was fat when this thread was started.

Paul or Dewps might lock it quick if were lucky to save the pain......

• 2 weeks later...

Frankly I am disappointed in these answers. I only recently joined YOC, but I was told there was certain level of expertise here.

A quick calculation shows top speed to be about 205 km/hr, depending on how the rider is positioned. Interestingly, no derestriction required.

The DT125X should be able to reach this speed in about 12 seconds-not bad!

I've found a page which will help answer answer any questions:

http://www.greenharbor.com/fffolder/questions.html

Frankly I am disappointed in these answers. I only recently joined YOC, but I was told there was certain level of expertise here.

Oh, there is...

But there's also an extreme level of cynicism from older members, due to the high volume of One Post Wonders who rudely come along and ask/demand answers to a question (usually solved by Google in 30 seconds or less) and are then never heard from again... unless they post a whole 20 minutes later to bitch about how no-one has answered their question yet.

This is not a service provided by people who are online 24-7 to supply free information. There is a certain amount of give and take involved - Simple community participation, such as posting an introduction usually garners far better answers.

The post title, "How fast does my bike go?" has cropped up several times in such disatrous circumstances.

There is, my particular piece of expertise tells me that it is utterly impossible for a dt125 to hit 205kph EVER, thats 130mph fer chrisakes,

there is a certain level of expertise here bernie, also we have humour and it's quite typical to ridicule 'tall stories'...like it or not

maybe it's because you only recently joined that you havent come across this 'humour' before :icon_smile:

....as cynic says though...no DT125 is EVER going to do 205kph, thats just ludicrous :lol: and it is odd that you say it will do this staggering speed without de-restriction when the original poster says his will do 55mph so must be restricted !