Am I turning into a grumpy old bast...rd

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 4640 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, anyone got a photo of YBR125's brake pads? i heard it's similar to sniper135.

Have you got a screw loose?. Did you even read the thread?...  You made 2 posts. Both asking advice... 

I can't say any more and remain Nice about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed-off: 

I'll be honest guys, my first post (not that long ago) was requesting some help - clicky. As it happens I was looking for a community to get involved in, and found you guys after searching the net for answers to the problem I was experiencing at the time.

Unfortunately the response I got was a wee bit on the grumpy side and as a result its taken me until now to revisit the forum as I didn't feel welcome.

The point I am trying to make is that I think you need to be careful tarring everyone with the same brush, it potentially just damages your user base.

Anyway, I am back now to follow up on the problems that I was experiencing and how I fixed some of them, as hopefully it will be useful for others in the future.

Yes i just re-read it, and I was a grumpy old git...sorry  :blush:

Does that mean you will be changing your name to Grumpy old git on a bike???

shoot, i still remember my first post here. and damned im suprised that any of you talk to me at all.

in case you are wondering i made a post ripping all over impatient or dangerous riders. i did it in an insulting way. it was pointed out to me that i was being RUDE. and i made amends. and have gone on to give and get advice since then. and became a part of the community. i think that sometimes, new members are mostly intrested in getting an answer first and making friends later. the answer they need is often of a more instant need than making friends. i do agree that at teh very least they should introduce themselves as it would help to know where they are from to give a beter answer sometimes. but as with picking a mechanic or a new hangout, it is often best to get to know the place before asking for help. although sometimes it can work the other way around. i suppose its hard to hang out and get to know people when all you need is an answer to fix your ride so that you can feel good again. its a shame though that AFTER getting advice, so many members dont check back in and give thanks, or let us know what happened.

i admit to asking a question for my first post,simply because i was new to computing and didn't know how to join a forum,:unsure: but look now,ya can't get rid of me :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 10 months later...

Had to go check what i put when i joined, coz av bin pullin my hair art trawlin internet for info on how to get a bloody book type workshop manual, so askin a question was one of first things on my mind, sure motorbike clubs when i was little wernt as unfriendly towards "newbies". All mi Dads mates wud av took an hour out of time they dint have to help sumone less fortunate than themselves, eh whats happened to this world eh. so yeah ya probably turnin into a grumpy old bastard but dont worry am gonna be one of them in 20yrs, rubber darn metal up.

Ah Shit my wife tells me Im a grumpy Bastard every day.;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Same shit, different day?

I'm so glad my first post was a hello!!

lol

Seriously, it bugs the shit out of me too. On one of the car forums I'm a member of, pretty much every week some pleb steams in with "How much power can my engine handle before I need forged pistons and rods?", or "How much boost can my turbos handle?", without as much as a hello goodbye or kiss my arse as way of an introduction.

Another favourite is people asking the same damn questions that have been asked for the past 10 years. The answer is usually, "Use the fucking search function!!"

I think I may be a grumpy old bastard too. Actually, I know I am.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online