What do you wear?

ChristianSRA
This post is 4945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer i wear,

Bash-hat

Scarf

Y-fronts

Fluffy socks

Winter i wear,

Bash-hat

2 Scarf's

Long-john's (with willy warmer underneeth)

2 Fluffy socks

B)

He he,

na----- I have 2 sets of gear

1 is textile jacket + trousers + boots

other is full leather jacket + trousers + boots

very rarely go on bike without my gear on------dont want any birds flying away with bits of my skin that they picked up off the road.

if ya've been in a crash ya will allways suit up

Lots of gear as I commute every day..

HJC CL-ST lid

2 pairs of blue Hood K7 jeans.

1 pair of smart black Hood H2 jeans.

Spada Textile jacket,

MTech leather jacket.

Thin leather bike gloves for summer (unknown make)

heavy textile gloves for winter

Non biker but very tough leather hiking boots.

Couldn't recommend Hood jeans enough, great protection, and comfy and smart enough for office use.

I never go out without gear on, not worth the risk.

Lots of gear as I commute every day..

HJC CL-ST lid

2 pairs of blue Hood K7 jeans.

1 pair of smart black Hood H2 jeans.

Spada Textile jacket,

MTech leather jacket.

Thin leather bike gloves for summer (unknown make)

heavy textile gloves for winter

Non biker but very tough leather hiking boots.

Couldn't recommend Hood jeans enough, great protection, and comfy and smart enough for office use.

I never go out without gear on, not worth the risk.

Blimey you must look like Michelin Man with all that gear on :lol:

Agree with you about Hood jeans though

Summer i wear,

Bash-hat

Scarf

Y-fronts

Fluffy socks

Winter i wear,

Bash-hat

2 Scarf's

Long-john's (with willy warmer underneeth)

2 Fluffy socks

B)

:lol::lol::lol:

if ya've been in a crash ya will allways suit up

:thumb: 

Can never understand these people that go out in shorts and the like :blink:

i know im 44 but i fell off my skate board last month at about 5mph and tore a lump out of my elbow that took 3 weeks to heal.

yet you still see people on bikes with a t shirt on and no gloves. must be lovely putting your bare hands down to break your fall at anything over 20mph.

i always wear my alpine stars leather jacket.

alpine stars leather gloves.

i own frank thomas racing boots and leather dungarees but only wear them if i am going for a long ride, although i will one day regret this laziness no doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

i know im 44 but i fell off my skate board last month at about 5mph and tore a lump out of my elbow

Hmmm! at 44 years of age, I thought you would of got the hang of skateboarding by now? :) ..... have you still got your BMX :D

i know im 44 but i fell off my skate board last month at about 5mph and tore a lump out of my elbow that took 3 weeks to heal.

yet you still see people on bikes with a t shirt on and no gloves. must be lovely putting your bare hands down to break your fall at anything over 20mph.

i always wear my alpine stars leather jacket.

alpine stars leather gloves.

i own frank thomas racing boots and leather dungarees but only wear them if i am going for a long ride, although i will one day regret this laziness no doubt.

Pictures/video or it didn't happen :P

I wear a Scorpion EXO helmet, and Cortech GX Sport jacket. They're hand me downs I picked up on ebay for $66 shipped. Too good of a deal to pass up and they suit me just fine :)

From the top down:

Warm(ish) & dry(ish) weather:

Caberg Justissimo flippy lid

Rayven leather jacket

Frank Thomas unlined gloves

Draggin' Jeans

Altberg Hogg Boots (highly recommended, very comfy)

Plus a one-piece Lidl wet weather romper suit in the topbox to go on top if it rains while I'm out.

Cold(er) & wet(ter):

Same lid

Frank Thomas textile jacket (plus inner liner if really cold)

Spada something-or-other lined gloves

Lidl's finest padded troos

Same boots

Works for me .....

mid life crisis isn't restricted to super bikes and fast cars it also includes skateboards(really painful ones)

as im new to biking, not the best gear, Ixon waterproof textile trousers, alpinestars jacket and some cheap name gloves which are pretty good.

Sounds fine to me :) at least your not doing the old t-shirt, sandals and shorts method that is all too common

mid life crisis isn't restricted to super bikes and fast cars it also includes skateboards(really painful ones)

And I bet replacing the skateboards costs more than the work done on the bikes and cars? :P

Sounds fine to me :) at least your not doing the old t-shirt, sandals and shorts method that is all too common

And I bet replacing the skateboards costs more than the work done on the bikes and cars? :P

your not kidding i have 1977 70mm red kryptonics on a early 80s blind deck, the wheels cost £28 in 1977 so out of my league back then at age 11, now second hand off ebay they still fetch nearly £100. 33 year old wheels but still the best(until you fall off)

Just bought new boots today.

Gore-tex, tcx, £100, shop wanted £115 but i wouldnt give it to him, haha,,,,he finally backed down after a bit of haggeling !

Got them for the winter----there supposed to be water-proof,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,time will tell.

Have to brake the dam things in now !!!

KBC VR1 X helmet

Knox Aegis back protector

and then its like im sponsored by BKS cos i got the gloves free with my leathers so i thought stuff it might as well get the matching boots

So i have;

BKS Silverstone 2 piece leathers now with added james toseland signiture Really comfy and stood up impeccably to a low speed low side,

BKS Quantum boots

BKS Silverstone stingray gloves.

Kind of over kill considering its a 125 that i have at the moment but the leathers will last me for yeeeears and an 80mph crash is and 80mph crash whatever you ride.

Had some dickhead giving me shit about having full leathers on on a yzfr125 and he was wearing the oh so proctective hoody and jeans combo on a cbr 600rr. really hope hes had need of a skin graft since then :angry:

oh also have a set of RST gloves.

The BKS gloves have started to disintergrate now (dont think they fared as well on the lowside). Might get a set of knox handroid ones to replace em

I only just got my bike and gear but thought I'd join in:

Marushin c139 3/4 helmet

Held textile cruiser jacket

Hood ND4 jeans with armour inserts

Highway No 1 short biker boots

And some bog standard leather gloves...

And a balaclava and some waterproofs for when it's cold or wet. Might be overkill for a bike that tops out at 28mph but better safe than sorry :D

• 3 weeks later...

Spring/summer/fall

HJC full face helmut with built in sun shade

Joe Rocket textile jacket with removeable liner for spring and fall riding

Rock hard armoured gantlets

Winter

No one rides in winter in northern BC

Also started wearing a high viz lime green and red fluorescent safety vest over my jacket after almost being wiped out by a pickup. Looks ugly but everone can see you!!

RM

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online