Another new guy with some more dumb questions

This post is 5031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys, I have a Yamaha RX100 :D (Indian and slightly underpowered version of the RS 100 T). I am planning to convert it to a DT 100 :huh: . The roads around the place where I stay is Lunar Landscape, so an on/off road bike is much better than a road bike. Please don't come to me with a chainsaw, there are enough stock RX 100's running around all over the country to justify this conversion.

As the DT was never sold in India, I'll need some help before I can go ahead with this project. :(

The parts I'll be fabricating are the Tank (in sheet metal), The Oil Tank Cover (in Fibre/Resin), The Fenders (from original Yamaha spares), and the Exhaust (full custom exhaust). :P

Help bits :( :

A dimensional break up of the tank whose picture follows will be really helpful in matching the size (if someone has a bike with this tank, please measure it for my reference, eternally indebted will I be to you):

4782053886_160561dd70.jpg

The fork/rake angle of the DT, as the RX fork angle is steeper than DT (cutting the chassis and welding it at a different angle, if that is not a recipe for trouble then I don't know what is)

The gear ratios used in the DT 100 / AG 100. I have the drum and the 5th cog from a different Yamaha, and with a bit of gentle persuasion, I can fit it in the RX 100 4 speed box to turn it into a 5 speed, but I need the exact ratios, so that I can get a gear cut to my requirement if necessary. Also, I'll then be able to adjust the sprocket size.

That will be all folks, till we meet again :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online