1975 rs125 torque induction

Flatlemming
This post is 5036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i need a bit of help i got a '75 rs125 torque induction the other day and have just realised the front brake doesnt activate the brake light and on further inspection there is no switch on the brake lever to activate the light and there is not even a place for the switch, the rear brake does activate the light as it should, any help would be welcome,

Thanks

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all i need a bit of help i got a '75 rs125 torque induction the other day and have just realised the front brake doesnt activate the brake light and on further inspection there is no switch on the brake lever to activate the light and there is not even a place for the switch, the rear brake does activate the light as it should, any help would be welcome,

Thanks

Chris

it never had a front brake light switch ... it was not a legal requirement back in the day

it never had a front brake light switch ... it was not a legal requirement back in the day

Hello hello, where have you been hiding Jim?

r :D

Yip , 1983 before it was legal to have front switch. so N/A. on pre 1983 bikes for M.O.T.

It might not need a front brake light switch but my '72 AS3 and '73 RD125 (torque induction) models both have them.

There is a little plastic switch that lives under the alloy brakelever perch and is wired into the loom (in the headlamp bowl).

The RS125 perhaps didn't have this as it was a single cylinder (budget?) model but the RD125 twin models definitely had a front brake stop switch as well as a rear.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online