XV 750 1995 oil pump chain tensioner

charlies xv
This post is 5036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

Need some help again needing a oil pump chain tensioner for my XV750 its a 1995 , i bought this bike from a geezer who had dropped it and damaged the lefthandside engine caseing along with footrest this had gone into engine caseing sending bits into engine , the geezer stripped off the caseing etc took bits off that didnt need takeing off blah de blah and has not given me the oil pump chain tensioner only part of it which is a metal cover half moon shaped fits onto inner caseing the tensioner fits above this ,been told this morning is not possible to get a new one from yamaha as now out of production so no spares for this bike available seems hard to believe .

Any replies will be much appreciated . with advice or perhaps the part would be brilliant

Hello tis i charlie and feel a right one at that found out today from yamaha tech team their aint a tensioner on the oilpump chain how delighted i am with that news , if anyone has a 1995 XV750 and a Haines manual beware they give wrong information on their manuals such as the tensioner on the oilpump chain on the early models there is on the later models there is not . cheers charlies xv

cheers charlies xv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.