Decent off -Just back from hospital

kevin10529
This post is 5002 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just had a off and back from the hosiptal. Am ok my knee is a bit fooked and my jeans and lid are finished. My jacket dont have a mark on it but my arm is brused and cut - dont understand this!!

Going down a country road near my house enjoying the ride took a slight right hand bend aound 40mph and hit a lots of gravel on on the exit. Down i go bike rh fairing is done so in the indicator and the rh engine cover case oil all over the road.

Took a walk back and realised how much gravel was on the road... loads. On further inspection i saw a big pile on the road side that had just been left from road works that had spilled on the road. Is it the councils fault? If so who do make a complaint to? My friend who picked me up Dads a councilor and he said to take photos but its on a bend on a rather fast road also i cant walk properly at the mo so i dont fancy doing that. Can i make someone from the council go out and inspect it properly?

Cheers Kev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My friend who picked me up Dads a councilor and he said to take photos

Very, very important to get photographic evidence. Get someone to help you even if it's to go back 50 yards to slow traffic down.

Yeah sounds dodgy. Gravel's the worst and glad you're walking.

Can police help with that? I'm sure it would be a fine for whoever lets their gravel spill on to the road. Especially where it causes an accident resulting in injury and damage. Whatever you do, getting onto it the sooner the better as they would probably clean it up pretty quickly if they new someone got hurt and was looking at recovering damages. If it happened here and I went to the Council they would probably "look into it" and then race up there to clean it up, maybe claiming it was never that bad. People should be made to take responsibility for things like that as it can really have crappy outcomes. At the least you can pester them about it so they might be able to avoid it happening again.

Gordo

glad your not too hurt man.

get those pikkies done now, before they clean it up.

Glad your ok and on the mend , I just saw a neighbour yesterday who was on crutches , same thing happened to him last week in york on a small roundabout where again there was gravel which the council had not swept up, he hit the front brake and it just went , he has taken photos and a woman walking her dog told him that she had reported it to the council as cyclists (there tons of them in york) had come a cropper on the roundabout.

get some photos pretty quick , of the road, your bike , your clothing ,helmet, and any injurys you have , the council will try and worm out of it at first if you just go,so get a solicitor theres plenty of these no win no fees,

good look

Glad your okay, doesnt help roads arnt laid properly anymore. They just cover it in that gravel stuff and let the vehiccles flatten it.

Thing i hate the most is when it flicks up at you and the fact cars drive on the same spots pushing excess to the parts us bikers would ride on i.e the middle of the road! :angry:

your lucky it aint down to the bone,fool, hope you wear the right gear from now on.and all you newbies need to learn from this guys mistake.

Cheer up. and get off your :soapbox:

Wear what you want as long as your willing to take the pain when you come off.

Up you up yours. :duel:

I was hoping you would be talking about the state of the road? Do i have the right to take it to the next stage?

I would go the next stage , looking the photos the road looks pretty clean apart from when you exit the bend where you came off , the road has been white lined again so it some time ago when it was re surfaced, it does look a piss poor job though ,the loose shingle is supposed to be road sweepered? go to the citzen's advice first before paying out for a solicitor

Cheer up. and get off your :soapbox:

Wear what you want as long as your willing to take the pain when you come off.

Up you up yours. :duel:

I was hoping you would be talking about the state of the road? Do i have the right to take it to the next stage?

you should be able to get yourself a free consultaition with a soliciter ,or you can have a talk to the no win no pay brigade.and yes wear what you want iff you can take the pain by almeans,but dont moan when it hurts.:ambulance::cry2:

Come on you two!

Kev(up-yours) this is about gravel on the road, were not the clothing police are we, people ride in t shirts and shorts when its very hot Its a free country thank god. he knows the risks like we all do.

Lets keep this about kevs fight with the council or whatever

kevin (10529)

your last post

if it descends any further i'll close the topic.

Just got in touch with a proper solicitors. They charge in 6 min blocks !

2.911666666per min 17.5 per 6 min 175 per hour!!

Am in the wrong game. Might have to go no win no fee or summit.

You want to see all the paper work they sent me.... GRIND.

They reacon av a good case though... well they would say that. But they dont start charging till it goes to litigation, what exactly does it mean?

it meens to engage in legal proseedings,ie ,they start to charge when and if you give them permition to take it to court for you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online