Bugger. :(

Rizo
This post is 5012 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well it had to happen, my delight has now given way to despair. The cat went in for its MOT today and it FAILED. The three failures are:

1. Binding front caliper

2. Leaky fork seals

3. Exhaust blow (gasket).

These are all repairable but its a pain in the ass as I was hoping to get the cat on the road this week.

<sighs>

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just spoke to someone who was recommended by someone else. Quoted me £250 all in, subject to the calipers not requiring a rebuild. If they do it's £150 per caliper (eek). Taking it in Wednesday. The cat has only done ten miles in a year so there's a good chance it's due to too much standing around idle.

Good luck Gas up!

Good luck Gas up!

Passed.

Then again, it bloody well should have! It's been stripped down and rebuilt over the past month!

Thanks merv, I'll see they can be freed up by my tech, if not I'll contact nick. Cheers

Good news on the cat. Calipers freed up and exhaust welded to correct blow (thank fek downpipes not gone), just fork seals to do. All being well should get her back tomorrow or Monday :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online