»le jog« with 125 ccm - do you have some tipps?

X_FISH
This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am planning to visit great britain this summer - on a Yamaha YBR 125.

Until a few weeks ago it would have been a friend and myself, but he can not spend enough days away from home, so it seems to be me on my own.

The very vast idea of the trip: Google Maps.

I have read a lot of reviews "places you must see" and "places you do not want to visit/you must not do that". ;)

But: Most of them done by car and using the ferry to travel up to scotland and then drive down to the south.

If you know a page that tells the story of someone that did a trip like that on his/her bike -> I would be glad to recieve a link.

And: Some suggestions that I should plan in definitly? I have got 3 weeks to ride in the UK.

Greetings from Germany,

Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like a brilliantly epic journey. Although the wee YBR (for me) absolutely hates anything above 55mph, so I think motorways would be hellish.

Very best of luck on your journey :)

While up in Scotland: Ride to Glenfinnan and explore some of the roads around that area.

While down in Cornwall: Ride to Tintagel and from there to Boscastle. Watch out for the hairpin halfway down the hill. Keep an eye out for seals in the estuary and watch them playing when the tide comes in!

When passing near to Stonehenge: Expect lots of traffic and if you do filter, do it carefully.

When passing Kent on the M25: Take a detour down the A24 towards Dorking and veer off for a stop at Boxhill services. Grab a burger (or several) at Ryka's Cafe and chat with all the bikers there!!

If you're going on a YBR I'd stay off the M5 Motorway and follow the A38 instead. The A38 runs parallel with the M5 for much of its length, you'll get there almost as quick, and have a safer, more enjoyable ride. It also links up directly to the A30 near Exeter, this will take you all the way to Lands end and back.