1980 XS400 leaking oil.. pictures .. how screwed am I? lol

kindest
This post is 4700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Did a Haynes search and found two photo's who explain it. Seems that Yamaha made a somewhat rough shaped hole. The dent I thought I made is also supposed to be there and it makes the oil that is traveling towards the oilseal drip down. New oilseal goes into place, problem solved.

happy newyear ;)

DSCN3028Large.jpg

DSCN3029Large.jpg

• 5 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! I just replace my starter and after riding around the block the bike was leaking oil. your comments were really helpful, i will check Ace hardware for the O ring and if anybody knows what the part# is for gasket for the cover where the starter chain is i will appreciated.

thanks...

Hi guys! I just replace my starter and after riding around the block the bike was leaking oil. your comments were really helpful, i will check Ace hardware for the O ring and if anybody knows what the part# is for gasket for the cover where the starter chain is i will appreciated.

thanks...

if you click on this link, you can find all the part numbers you want :thumb:

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha_model8287/

thanks...

thank you Drewpy. this is taking forever if is not one thing is another. but i getting to know the bike i guess. Thanks..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online