1981 xs400 for £3300

drewpy
This post is 5048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, that's over $4,800 US. I'm afraid that guy kept receipts for everything he spent on the bike....and he's at least trying to break even...perhaps even for his labor. Pity that your labor and what you have spent have nothing to do with market value.

I love how the exhaust was "dechromed" and painted white. Oh, and you have to install the exhaust and figure out why the battery is flat but hey it ran great before we put it in storage.

If it sells mine is going on ebay the next day. I'll need to paint the exhaust and add numbers to teh tank.

just curious what an '82 xs400sj Heratage Special with around 6,0000 original miles, single owner would be worth once I get it running from sitting for 10 years and polish the chrome, theres nothing else wrong with the bike, paint is mint, my father was the owner so I know the bike was well taken care of and not riden hard or aggesively.

My dad bought the bike new from the dealer, he liked the idea that the bike looked alot like a euro cafe racer with the reliability and craftsmanship of the jap bikes, he rode it for 2 seasons then got a v65 1100 Honda Magna.

Just had a look, and although it`s appears to be a nice bike, i`m going to keep my wallet firmly in my pocket :)

ok i know mine were tatty when i got them but i paid £65 for two bikes and a spare engine :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online