Favourite Road

Beezkneez
This post is 7138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

PMSL - I noticed the the date on FOC-U :wink:

Yeah the bike looks cool, better than my old ragger!

I'll not know about work until the middle of next week - i've asked a couple of our other guys if one of them will work the Saturday for me, fingers crossed eh!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I wasn't sure if you'd noticed the date, guess I should pay attention to these things more. I usually just know when I've got to turn up to a meet and from then on I just follow the bike in front.

So you got a fazer too? Hey you should come out with the foccers. It's quite funny at traffic lights when the light goes green and you just hear clunk, clunk, clunk. The gearbox sure is smooth.

Yeah, i got a '98 S reg 600. It's not mint but quite good for a 6yr old machine.

I don't get much time for rides out as I work all week and use it for instructing at the weekends. We have the odd ride out from the training school, but mainly as advanced training sessions!

I signed up to FOC-U recently and am keeping an eye out on the events, Hartside's quite a treck from down here in Birmingham, but I'm trying to get the day off and will get up there if I can.

If all else fails there will be plenty of future opportunities :wink:

I use Bazz FZS600 on FOC-U, what's your user-name there?

I'm quite original with my name, over there i'm fazerfemale.

Well if hartside's a treck in a day (and you have the day off work) then stop over at the bunkhouse with the rest of them and go back on the sunday. Or stop over Friday night, or both. You know it makes sense.

There's generally loads of ride out opportunities all around the country, don't know how often peoplel round your way go out but us NW peeps have been on a weekend run most weekends and a midweeker every 2-3 weeks. There's also all the weekends away, I did the forest of dean a few weeks ago, there's hartside next weekend, then there's settle in may and morcott in june or july.

A few people do have the new bikes (a couple of the new nasty looking euro fazers) but most have the 03 reg or earlier, one girl even has a 400. Everyone's welcome along, a bandit a hornet and a vfr even turned up at the forest of dean weekend. :bgb

Bad news Clare, nobody available to cover me on Saturday so I won't make it :(

Let me know as and when there are others arranged and i will come along. Travelling never worries me when there's a good road at the end to play on :wink:

Paul

Well that's a bit of a bummer. Hartside's the last of the weekenders. The first one I think next year is Settle which is around May time I think. Now that's meant to be a really good one so keep an eye out for the dates and make sure you're off.

There are actually quite a few guys in the midlands area I think, have you had a look on the location map? Hang on I think a new guy just signed up from Telford. Do yourself an introduction of where you are and stuff, then keep an eye out in the events section. Things are slowing down a bit now with the weather but I'm sure there will still be a few more rides out. If you see a meet near you just turn up. I went to Matlock after being on the site only a few days and met a whole load of people.

Rob G lives near Matlock and I think he's planning a Mystery Tour so that's a bigish one coming up. Apart from that there will no doubt be various last minute rides out planned when the weather decides to be nice. It's actually a really friendly board and everyone's there to basically meet people to go out for a ride, there's only a small percentage who people haven't actually met.

sorry i never got up to the cafe but was working on the sunday and was busy on the saturday in newcastle's westgate road, maybe next time :oops:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online