forks

bigmandamo
This post is 5038 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

tdm 850 2000 model, taken all the gutts out from the fork,dust seal off clip out and tryed to draw hammer out the tube from the slider,can anyone advise please coz i need to change the oil seal and im struggling and need to get to work tomorrow

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ok lets give it a go,hi my name is Damien and im new to this site im having problems splitting my forks can anyone help im getting stressed coz i need my bike for work and im shure ive done every thing rite like the book says but the tube and slider wount come apart to change the seal

like many yamahas, it probably needs you to use 'special damper tool' to undo the bolt that holds the caboodle together. I haven't done it for years, but you can hold it to undo the allen key underneath the fork using a piece of dowel (9mm or 12mm maybe) instead. It needs to be long enought hat you can tap it into place with a hammer.

google around for a workshop manual, they are out there on the cyberweb

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online