RD 250 B restoration

Stevee
This post is 5039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, well arrive home with my 1975 RD 250 B the other day and now its time to start thinking about its restoration, the bike is in very good condition for a 35 year old bike, but will need a lot work to bring it her up to show room condition, I plan to strip the bike down to the frame then send all the diffrent parts off to be re-chromed, Powder coated, rebuilt etc, make and order a list of new parts, then start the rebuild from the frame up.

I would be very greatful if any of you could advise me on the best place to go for the Engine rebuild,Powder coating, tank and side panels respray, wheel rebuilding,spare parts etc, and if you have done this before then any advice would be welcome.

I am not sure how long this restoration will take me but I plan to post updates and pictures on my progress along the way.

Steve Ash

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Steve

good news, there are plenty of peeps into rd's and theres' plenty of spares and advice( also try http://www.aircooledrdclub.co.uk/forum/ )

the bad news is it always costs 3 times the initial budget you set.

drewps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online