Help with an immature stunt.....lol

pjones_po
This post is 7157 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

All,

I know I shouldnt be asking for encouragement with this BUT me and my best mate who rides an S plate GSXR600(yes I know dont insult it lol) have been taking a bit of footage of each other riding, nothing spectacular but because I have quite an expensive digital camera he wants to get a shot of us both popping a wheelie, not one of those 30 second ones you see on clips but just enough for a decent photo of us both with the front wheel in the air.

My question is this, I cannot seem to get the front end up on my FZR600R at all, at least not using the technique that he uses. I appreciate that I am an unexperienced rider though. His technique is to ride along in 1st, open it up, close the throttle and then wang it open again, lifting the front off enough to show on film.

I cannot get mine off the ground even a bit using this method and neither can he using my bike.

I appreciate that the Gixxer may have a different spread of power but I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas as too how to achieve it on my bike?

P.S. This will be performed on some private land not the public highway lol

Paul.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That Gixxer probably has it's weight distributed a bit differently :wink:

If your clutch is in good shape, you might have to resort to a bit of abuse on it to get that front end up :? .....Just a thought :wink:

If you want to practice wheelies, get a cheap little dirtbike to do it on.

Cos there is a good chance that something could go wrong!

Sound Advice :wink: .....DirtBikes are great for that! :D

...besides, Ya gotta keep your FZR in good shape 8) :wink:

That's not to say you won't come to grief on little dirtbikes while offroading of course.

Some silly bastards do :oops: but at least the bike will be virtually unscathed.

Cos to us diehards that's the main concern! 8)

That's not to say you won't come to grief on little dirtbikes while offroading of course.

Some silly bastards do  :oops:

Sounds like those are words of Experience :wink: :D

Roll along at a slow pace in first gear and then pull the clutch in and dont back the throttle off. Then dump the clutch and the front shold lift.

You could even try this in second if it goes up with too much of a bite.

Failing that you could put a smaller front sprocket on and this will help.

Whatever you do make sure you glue your right foot on the rest and cover the Back brake, you'll probably need it! :twisted:

but at least the bike will be virtually unscathed.

Cos to us diehards that's the main concern!  8)

You know, after the obvious "ow i've broken my f*kin wrist" the first thing i asked was "is my bike ok?" 8)

I took a bigger hit than my bike 8)

Not intentionally though :oops:

As i went through the air i remember thinking 'damn my bike wrecked'

Roll the bike along is first on hi revs gently then close the throttle fully then 'wap' it open. gives a jerky wheelie but should do the trick.

Or do a racing start where you ave the throttle fairly wide open then instead of feathering the clutch after your rolling just dump it.

Cheers guys, will give it a try, just got a tank cam gimble for the bike so I will be focused on getting some decent footage with that for a while...

May even get some good clips of morons in cars cutting me up, if I do i'l post them so we can all curse at them lol

Paul.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online