'03 R6 coolant temperature

diggerbucket
This post is 4852 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a query really, I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

On the move, my coolant temperature sits between 70 and 80 (celsius). On colder days it can dip into the 60s. Stationary it will get up to just over 100 after a few minutes.

I thought this was quite a swing, although it's my first bike so I don't know what's normal.... I'm just used to cars which sit bang on 90 all day long.

So.. normal or not?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

Just bought a r6s 2008 yesterday. Funny thing happened. I thought my bike was overheated since the temperature went to 215. Then immidiately called my mechanic/shop. Then i found out that :

1. Normal temp reading on 6gs is 170~190

2. If you got stucked in traffic then it will went up to 220

3. After 200 then the fan will be automatically on

4. ........ the funiest part, some mechanic got confius and compared it Honda ie CBR since their normal cant be above 100.. you know why? CBR temperature reading is in celcius whilst R6s in Fahrenheit. its US vs Japan. Pounds Vs Kg.

hahahahahhahaha

So dont worry if you temperature reading is around 180~200. Since yamaha is hot..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online