I know there's no excuse for Suzuki ownership, BUT....

Pete
This post is 7186 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....it's very difficult to say no to this deal:

THIS......

xt.jpg

PLUS....

£600

EQUALS

ban.jpg

A brand new Limited Edition Bandit 6 on a 54 plate! :shock:

What would you do....especially when you consider that the XT only stands me £2.7K.

So I'd get a brand new bike for £3.3K. :shock:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well Pete, you are swinging around a bit now. Your psychologist would tell you that this is because you do not really know what you are looking for. The Bandit 6 is a good bike, although this new GSXR colour scheme is a bit naff, the old solid colours are a lot more classy. The price reflects the fact that the B6 is totally out of fashion (this is good!). Suzuki have been heavily discounting them for months.

It is a lot of bike for the money and a better road bike (you get a centre stand) than the V Strom IMO. The oil/air cooled GSX motors are up there with the all time great engines and they are extremely reliable. In 600cc form it is a bit underpowered compared to a Fazer or a Hornet. It makes about 38 lb ft of torque and about 70 bhp. The handling is predictable and the brakes are OK+ you get the usual superb Suzuki Gearbox The B12 is only a little more expensive, but the extra cc and better quality running gear turn it into a truly great road bike. I had my 12 for 3 years and 24K miles. It is the BEST bike I have ever owned, bar none. Virtually as good handling as the CB13 (much better than the GSX14) and faster than the CB. If you buy one (6 or 12), take a close look at the finish on the engines, as the paint quality is patchy and variable, make sure you get a well finished one.

I've had a B12 in the past Alan....a K1 oil burner...so I won't go there again.

Also the wife refuses to go on a B12 again due to it's tendency to wheelie slightly.

I did 3300 miles on mine and the front tyre only touched the ground for about 100 of them! :lol:

i like bandit 6's. they're really comfy, cheap, good engines, good basic road bike. the only fault i've seen with em is the finish. i looked at a few in bike shops not so long ago and they were as alan said 'patchy'. find a clean one(you wont have to worry....it's new!! :D ), look after it properly(like you do pete) and you're sorted. the deals a good un, go for it

Carry on with this passion you've developed for suzuki and we will have to change your name!

The air/oil Bandits are heading for the History Books, by the way. They are likely to be discontinued as Suzuki are bringing out new nakeds based on the water cooled GSXR motors. Euro Emission Rules are killing air cooled bikes, as well as strokers. The Bandits have done well to survive this long.

You'll find the 6 a bit underpowered two up I reckon, as it's a heavy bike for its power. Have you considered one of the new Fazers? Design wise, I think that they are a bit of a lash up, but they are considerably lighter and more lively than Bandits. Or even (gulp!) one of the new CBR600Ss - ABS etc for under £5K. OR one of the outstanding secrets in biking, the Suzuki GSX750F: The teapot fairing offers superb protection, it is very comfy, it is cheap AND it is surprisingly fast.

As you say there's plenty of options Alan.

I've had 2 of the earlier Fazers and they're great.

But I tend to buy budget bikes pretty much all the time, and if I could get a CBF Honda or FZ6 at that sort of price then I'd grab one. But instead of paying £600 cash, I'd have to spend about 2 grand instead.

And tbh I'd prefer to minimise my spend on the main bike so I can get a little Serow for off roading if one turns up over the Winter months.

Plus with the B6 at that price, I won't get much depreciation, whereas the £5K+ bikes will plummet.

I did a stint on a GSX600F for a summer, a few years back........

Great Street bike!.......comfortable, handled well & has killer brakes 8)

To this day, I've still got an eye peeled for a good deal on one :wink:

And it gets even better!

I continued "negotiating" and they offered me the faired model (which is about £300 more) for the same price!

ban.jpg

Obviously I jumped at it...paid my £600, and collect the bike with a 54 plate on 1st September. 8)

So in light of the fact that I'm getting a brand new bike with 2 yrs warranty, AlphaDot security, and AA cover worth about £4500 for £3300....maybe there is an excuse for Suzuki ownership! 8)

And it gets even better!

I continued "negotiating" and they offered me the faired model (which is about £300 more) for the same price!

Obviously I jumped at it...paid my £600, and collect the bike with a 54 plate on 1st September.  8)  

So in light of the fact that I'm getting a brand new bike with 2 yrs warranty, AlphaDot security, and AA cover worth about £4500 for £3300....maybe there is an excuse for Suzuki ownership! 8)

Like I said Pete, these Bandits are being cleared out at very low prices. David Jones Bandits have been sitting in the showroom at knock down prices for months.

The faired model is much more practical than the naked and I'm sure that your wife will be much more comfortable.

Have a good look at (specifically) the engine paint finish, some are very rough and the paint peels easily on these. It's a heavy old thing with quite squidly handling, so two up you will almost certainly need to up the preload on the rear. The rear suspension is a known weak spot. Other things to look out for are: the headlight can let in moisture and attract dirt around the lower rim and, similarly the dials have been known to mist. Generally a good workhorse bike, a bit underpowered but it will go on forever or until you change again :wink: in 6 months.

To do the same deal at David Jones it would have cost me £1300 instead of £600....plus it had to be registered before 31 August. So it would have been an 04....according to Graham that was a stipulation by Suzuki. Yet another lie out of his stupid mouth I'm afraid.

Very poor salesman indeed....he fails to establish the knowledge level of the people's he's dealing with. Consequently he trips over himself with false representations.

I like the shop and the other guys, but I'll never deal with him.

He tried to play hardball with The Cool Guy....and like all the others, he came up short! 8)

He tried to play hardball with The Cool Guy....and like all the others, he came up short!  8)

fucking class :lol: 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online