1981 Yamaha Exciter 250

chrismejia
This post is 5091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just inherited a 1981 Exciter 250 from a family member, free. I think the bike is ugly, but I also think it has potential to make a nice project for my girlfriend. I was curious to know what you guys thought about the bike. Are there any known issues that I should be aware about with these bikes? Are parts hard to find? I ask because I have learned the hard way with my XS500 that parts can be hard to find when a bike is rare. In searching the web it seems that the Exciter is not as rare.

Anyway, I just want to hear your thoughts on this thing.

Here's a Picture of the bike when I picked up yesterday. It needs a new seat, new bars, and it needs to loose some of the stock parts in my opinion.

1zgvxhy.jpg

:frog:

Thanks for your help guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I also am bringing one back from the dead. It is not quite as bad a shape as yours looks and I have gotten her running. Having carb problems though. Won't idle and was running lean. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle now it is running rich. Good luck and check out a bobber version on Youtube by Caribootrail

I also am bringing one back from the dead. It is not quite as bad a shape as yours looks and I have gotten her running. Having carb problems though. Won't idle and was running lean. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle now it is running rich. Good luck and check out a bobber version on Youtube by Caribootrail

Ah Nice! I'd like to see your bike when you have pictures available. My bike had been sitting under a tree since 2006, so yeah, it is pretty rough. I plan to turn it into a street-tracker inspired bobber like the ones Heiwa is building. I have attached a picture of my inspiration for the build.

sr002_1.jpg

Good luck with your bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online