Yamaha YG-1

YG-one
This post is 5089 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

I picked up what i believe to be a 1964 Yamaha YG-1 on the weekend. I called Yamaha with the serial numbers (Y20864465) and they agreed on the date/model but with some uncertainty.

I would like to make a restoration project out of it, but im not sure where to find information.

Ive searched around and have not seen anything that looks like an official service manual, and to my surprise have not found any dedicated forums or websites for the bike.

Has anyone been through this? owned or restored one?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Jake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello

I picked up what i believe to be a 1964 Yamaha YG-1 on the weekend. I called Yamaha with the serial numbers (Y20864465) and they agreed on the date/model but with some uncertainty.

I would like to make a restoration project out of it, but im not sure where to find information.

Ive searched around and have not seen anything that looks like an official service manual, and to my surprise have not found any dedicated forums or websites for the bike.

Has anyone been through this? owned or restored one?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks, Jake

I have some old Yamahas (YAS3, RD125, CS3B) and although there are no forums specific to each model I find you get a lot of interest on sites such as this or Aircooled RD forum and with regard to parts I find trawling Ebay will rurn up everything if you are prepared to be patient.

There are over 1200 parts listed on Ebay for the bike just now and 113 of those are within UK

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online