XJ6N 2010 exhaust

Rog
This post is 3922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So Ive just gone and ordered a new XJ6N and was looking at exhausts for them. Man are they hard to find. What I am after is getting that fruity sound. Not bothered about extra HP as I dont want to buy a full system. Anyone got any suggestions on what they have found and where to get them in the UK. My biggest concern is the blackbox cat and silencer, do they pretty much nerf anything but a full system?

Anyhelp greatly appreaciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a lot of what is available is a bit naff i think. Did you know that the engine is the same as the 03-05 R6? lots of guys in the USA have got R6 exhausts to go (and things like race carbon fibre engine covers!) on to the XJ6. funnily enough i got micron R6 header pipes (the serpent type) for £50 new at George Whites on the weekend and a micron gp race-can (for a GSXR1000 05) for £50. Good thing is i think i can make it work - though i do need to get a lambda boss tig-welded on.

So look at 03-05 R6 exhausts too, there is loads on the fz6r forum - google it.

mervyn

• 4 months later...

Hi

I have been looking around for some exhausts for the XJ6N/Diversion. There is a company in France that supplies a wide range of manufactured systems.

Try this site http://fresco-exhaust.com/index.php.

I have already written to them asking what is envolved. It is the complete exhaust. Apparently there is some modification to the belly pan, but that is all.

I also spoke directly to Two Brothers in the US and they confirmed that they have a complete system for the FZ6r.

Here are some of the links on youtube.

Two Brothers

Fresco Carbon

Hi

I have been looking around for some exhausts for the XJ6N/Diversion. There is a company in France that supplies a wide range of manufactured systems.

Try this site http://fresco-exhaust.com/index.php.

I have already written to them asking what is envolved. It is the complete exhaust. Apparently there is some modification to the belly pan, but that is all.

I also spoke directly to Two Brothers in the US and they confirmed that they have a complete system for the FZ6r.

Here are some of the links on youtube.

Two Brothers

Fresco Carbon

trouble is, i don't want to spen 1/5 of the value of the bike on an exhaust!

In the case of the 'two brothers' exhaust a 'juice-box' is also required to keep the rev range smooth, that little French number the 'Fresco' looks real nice and sounds good too, it might need the juice box and Lambda probe to keep the revs smooth-all in all your talking silly money :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

a lot of what is available is a bit naff i think. Did you know that the engine is the same as the 03-05 R6? lots of guys in the USA have got R6 exhausts to go (and things like race carbon fibre engine covers!) on to the XJ6. funnily enough i got micron R6 header pipes (the serpent type) for £50 new at George Whites on the weekend and a micron gp race-can (for a GSXR1000 05) for £50. Good thing is i think i can make it work - though i do need to get a lambda boss tig-welded on.

So look at 03-05 R6 exhausts too, there is loads on the fz6r forum - google it.

mervyn

so what do you do with the lambda sensor???...

If it was mine and money no object then number 2 in your vids, now that sounds like a proper bike exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going down the r6 route. My r6 5sl headers arrived this morning £36 plus postage from eBay. Dropped them off at local bike shop he gona make me hole for my O2 sensor to plug back in keep fuel right. Il do the little dents when get it back and currently eyeing up a arrow stubby

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online