nice old tz/rd

liquidcooled
This post is 7126 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Summer 75...and I was at the Merthyr Sprints (quarter mile job).

First bike lines up and is announced as a Z1...and in standard road trim.

The opponent comes forward....and is announced as a 350 Yamaha. We all laughed at the guy taking on a Z1. What a mismatch!

Light comes on....and the fucking Yam goes off like a bullet from a gun. By the time it crosses the finishing line the Z1 is only halfway up the track. :shock:

We're standing there absolutely stunned!

It's then announced that it was a TZ350! What a machine to be able to humble a Z1 like that. Seriously fast for it's day.

all yamaha strokers are/were giant killers 8) i reckon my rd400 could take a z1 from the light you know..... :twisted: just thinking about that, i'd really like to find that out for sure. it would be interesting to see atleast :P

Watch yourself LC "take it from the lights" that's power ranger talk that is!! :lol:

Watch yourself LC "take it from the lights" that's power ranger talk that is!! :lol:

not correct N.. that is macho proper biker rugged manly bastard ride in jeans and leather jacket talk 8) had it been powerranger talk i would have said 'me and the z1 owner could compare kneesliders and floppy ears to see who was best, i would win of course as i took a bastard file to me sliders last night' :lol:

An old friend of mine (who doesn't make things up) was telling me recently that he took his dog for a walk through the local park in Bristol. When he looked in the kiddies playground there were 2 Power Rangers in full kit minus helmets, riding on the roundabout trying to wear their knee sliders down. :lol:

An old friend of mine (who doesn't make things up) was telling me recently that he took his dog for a walk through the local park in Bristol. When he looked in the kiddies playground there were 2 Power Rangers in full kit minus helmets, riding on the roundabout trying to wear their knee sliders down.  :lol:

If you think that's funny... Last week I sold a £1500 Alpinestar suit to a man who came in with his boyfriend. Thing is neither of them even own a bike or intend to!!! Yuck

And Alan....your RD would be wiped out by a Z1 I'm afraid.

I rode both bikes in their day and there's no comparison.

It may have given a Z650 a run for it's money...but Z1? No chance!

it's not a standard rd400 though pete, anything but. it might not beat it but i bet it wouldnt be far behind

not correct N.. that is macho proper biker rugged manly bastard ride in jeans and leather jacket talk 8)  had it been powerranger talk i would have said 'me and the z1 owner could compare kneesliders and floppy ears to see who was best, i would win of course as i took a bastard file to me sliders last night' :lol:

:laugh :lol::lol:

• 2 months later...