dt125r

muppet
This post is 4768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

update on the rebuild.

nearly done. need to sort out a lose wire for the speedo light, sand down the exhaust, fit the servo/powervalve set up and panels.

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae143/earos74/

Looking good, powder coating looks great on the frame. i would recommend plastcote BBQ paint for the exhaust available from Wilkinsons stores, it's good and It's cheap

201_1738.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, powder coating looks great on the frame. i would recommend plastcote BBQ paint for the exhaust available from Wilkinsons stores, it's good and It's cheap

201_1738.jpg

got some PJ1 MOTORCYCLE FLAT BLACK EXHAUST SYSTEM PAINT which goes to 1500f trouble is has to be painted above 21c so looks like the heatings gona be blasted out in the back room - yes the bikes inside the house cause i kicked my tenant out (carepets were wrecked anyway).

• 4 months later...

Well this is probably the last bit of advice i need for a bit. Im picking my bike up on saturday as its now working, the engine sounds great after sitting for 17 years also brought myself a uvex enduro shiny black for £160 - asked the dealer to price match from germany and they said yes.

I need to buy a disk lock with an alarm but the one i have is a standard oxford disc lock but it doesnt fit the dtr disk holes! Which ones fit and are recommended.

I now feel like its christmas and waiting for the big day to arrive.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online