dt125r

muppet
This post is 4768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm a lucky git to say the least! I screwed the carb up trying to get it off? The cable was stuck so i cut the cable above the housing and then tried to disasemble the carb but all the screws were rusty. Gave the screws some taps with the hammer.... and knackered it. Got another off fleabay and an airbox for £50 and it looks better (carb) than the original one. Also found a 3 wire servo from a dtr on flebay for £40 so i had that delivered this morning.

I should hopefully get the parts from america next week after paying the import tax, also the pulleys should arrive from holland.

I can get the pluggas from buck&hickman in coventry so i'll give that a go.

I'ts costing a fair bit of dosh so far but oh well.

If i remember rightly i'm sure i saw another servo for sale on ebay at the same time as mine - just keep checking as often as you can.

Yeah, i've seen a few on there but i've recently learnt about the 2 different types of servo's The 5 wire and the 3 wire. The 5 wire is the later model and wont run the earlier models. Its from the RE (04-07). Got any links i can take a look at?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i've seen a few on there but i've recently learnt about the 2 different types of servo's The 5 wire and the 3 wire. The 5 wire is the later model and wont run the earlier models. Its from the RE (04-07). Got any links i can take a look at?

try this but ask the seller if its 3 or 5 wire as it doesnt say.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-power-valve-servo-moto-/320528942507?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aa10385ab

Thans guys, I've emailed the guy about the whole set. That looks promosing even if it's a 5 wire. Presumably the housing and pulleys etc are the same, just a different servo.

Thanks for the other link OG, vez sent me a pm about that one last night as well! I've just got to be careful not to make his faster than mine! HAHA!

Bought the one that muppet posted the link too with all the cables and pulley. £35 + £7 postage. They emailed me earlier to say they posted it today. Top job! Although my ebay buyers account now has 17 recent items bought at a total of 180+ quid and i still havnt got the clutch lever and bracket i need for the 86LC!!!

Will report back once its fitted!

anybody have a prefence for anti seize greese?

i've the choice of the normal above greese or the Honda White Lithium Grease for when im putting the bolts back in, i'm also after a parts manual if any one has or knows where to get one.

cheers

M

You can usually find the parts manuals on microfice on ebay for a couple of quid. I bought one for the 86lc and then got it printed out at the library, which cost me 17 quid!!! Be careful if you do this as there was about 10 contents pages on the actualy microfiche so i paid for the same sheet 10x!

Sending that powervalve back today, its a 5 wire :(. gonna just take the advice of DeeTeeMX and leave it turned slightly off the open position.

Have you got yours through from america yet?

should get the servo wires today - 2 missed deliveres from ups so far and the parts from america are at customs awaiting clearence according to the tracking number.

Ebay recently had 2 used servo wires at £22 i paid 34 euros brand new for both about £29-30.

Got the engine out, waiting for 2 front forks (broken one - dont ask), set of pipes, fuel pipe and i just need to get it ready for a powder coat. Havign a lot of trouble with the calpipers - both seized solid.

dtr - i found that the servo comes under the heading of various guises but as im always looking for dtr stuff i either put dtr or dt and it brings up about 16+ pages of parts for the dtr and its a case of going through them and picking out stuff that i might need - boring but worth it if you need something. I emailed this guy as he's in coventry to keep a look out for a power valve/servo motor before i got mine and he said he'd let me know - i know why he didnt let me know because he terms the part as a "stepa motor" i use motors at work and i wouldnt call it a stepper motor myself but it just shows that if you just look for an item that is correctly labeled the seller might call it something else which doesnt get picked up in the search.

on another item - i received my servo wires from - took about 3 weeks but they were the only place listed on the net for the part numbers. Total price i paid for parts, delivery and vat from holland was 50 euros slightly higher than what i wanted but im glad to have them. waiting now for the powervalve housing from america.

I'm taking my engine to a company in coventry today to check it over as all i have left to strip is the forks and swingarm before powder coating.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

question for the experts of the DTR world

I managed to get hold of a front and rear brake set from a 2007 bike for £70 that had done 800 miles or so. Will these fit my 1990 model without any modification or have have i got a problem with this set. The front looks identical to the original 1990 but the back looks slightly different.

muppet

the front brake may be similar and may just need a bracket fab'd up but the back probably will not fit as they changed them from 05 onwards (After the first batch of DTRE's)

the front brake may be similar and may just need a bracket fab'd up but the back probably will not fit as they changed them from 05 onwards (After the first batch of DTRE's)

balls - looks like im going to either sell/swap for a set for a 1990 or refurb the originals but i broke the nipple on the back one :angry:

headlight question:

Q - does the headlight/tail light only work when the engine is running?

I ask as i can get the indicators,horn,dimmer light,temp gauge to work with the battery connected but not the headlight bulb/taillight. Ive checked the switch/bulb for continuity, checked the wiring back to the cdi but no voltage which im expecting should be 8-10v dc so should the headlight work with the engine not running or running? Im thinking that as the cdi is a charging unit its got to be running to work - the tail light does work as the brake light works when the front brakes pulled and when its in park the dimmer light and tail light light up.

Yep only get the headlight with the motor running.

gentleman and ladies, anybody know where to get the seals for the front and rear callipers. Got a pair off flea bay but they don't fit (too big). Its either main dealer £9 front and £27 rear. I know wemoto does the front but not rear and I'm a bit concerned that I might get another set of seals that don't fit.

• 1 month later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online