20A main fuse keeps blowing

hebrew hammer
This post is 5118 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So guys I changed the fuse box to inline auto fuse and it was great. Than I started to unscrew all the regulator, rectifier and all the good bits to take away the battery box for air pods. Now I did not screw everything back together since I am planning to relocate some stuff to the back of the hump, but do I need to ground certain thing or make them touch metal? I turn on the key and it stays on for about 2 seconds and it burns out.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't know if they need to be screwed down, but my rectifier and regulator are free floating at the moment and i have no issues. I had the same issue last night though. Trying to get the wiring harness back on and sorted, blew the main 20A fuse every time i connected the battery. Disconnected everything and started over, piece by piece, now no problems. I really have no idea what was wrong.

if you are on points, disconnect the charging circuit and start bike (it will run loss less) then you need to check the charging circuit for earthing if it runs.

running cdi with out charging circuit fry's the box!!

if you are on points, disconnect the charging circuit and start bike (it will run loss less) then you need to check the charging circuit for earthing if it runs.

running cdi with out charging circuit fry's the box!!

what if i don't ahve points? 81's are auto. Also I only turn the key than it pops, I can't even try to start it up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online