small battery packs

hebrew hammer
This post is 5095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I will be relocating the battery to the back hump really soon and since my battery has been neglected forever I was thinking of getting a new one. I read on some bobber forums that they just used a very small battery that is the size of your fist :blink: and it works? I currently have LED turn signals (will be adding LED tail light too) and changed the headlight to a 35/35w h4 bulb if that information helps any. I know a sealed battery will work but than I would have to make a fiberglass pan for it and have less space for the rest of the electronics since I am clearing the battery box and making the thing look clean.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you only use the kick starter yes you can fit a much smaller battery. I wouldn't fit a battery less then 5 amp hours with the standard regulator

I do plan on doing kick start only, what kind of batter should I get? Can anyone lead me in the right direction? how do you check a battery for amp hours?

it says so on the battery description.

her's one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350256044243

or use a .8amp like these guys

I use soethig similar, on my DT. its a werker 5 amp battery at 6v. it holds out ok, but about every 6 months, the vibratons tend to get to it and render it useless. thank god they have a 1 year warranty.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online