xt's...

This post is 7137 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. Just signed up and looking around.

As you can see from my signature I have an old XT and a not quite so old ZX9.

I love using my ZX during the good weather, but now winters coming I've decided to abuse the XT. The thing that amazes me about the old bike is that it always starts up, even when I haven't used it for MONTHS. The alarm on the ZX drains the battery after about a week if it isn't used. I just had the XT serviced about 2 months back, and the mechanic commented on the great condition it's in for the year ('89), considering it lives outside. It is an import, so hasn't had a complete life of English weather, but it's been here for at least 5 years to my knowledge, used through rough winters, and I know that that is enough to cripple the finish on most modern bikes in less than half that time. The chromed spoked wheels are still shining, though the plastics look old, and the seat is spiltting. The tyres are dual purpose, but give the steering a bit of a wobble at anything over 30. Managed to get up to just under an (indicated) ton today (big struggle) on a 100 mile trip. Fine at 70, but an effort sitting at a wobbly 90 (for me, not the bike!). That said, it's not meant for riding the M25, but it is great for cutting through town (great steering lock compared to the ZX) and loves dropping into the twisties.

I really liked my old TDM, and would definitely consider another (been browsing them on eBay!) as a townie, but chopped it for the XT and some cash! Catch you soon, Liam. :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online