DTR power valve compared with DTRE power valve

Guest MaD.VeZ
This post is 4968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave

Your bikes are all so clean :o I have more leaks than the welsh I am going to be so ashamed on the 4th go easy on me. Oh and i wish i had a pv motor :( instead of this bolt. Mind you i do like that my bike has a split personality :lol:

If any ony has some pv covers for a pre servo bike id buy them if you bring them to squires to stop my leak. Atm i have some repair washers and rubber rings and a plate doing there best but alas i am no engineer

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice looking bike B)

Have you changed the speedo along with the wheel? I ask because the speedo will showing a higher speed than you are actually getting if its the original DTR one.

Cheers fella. I only paid £275 quid for the bike which already had the sm wheels on it,so i have no idea if it's the original speedo drive or not.

I checked it yesterday with my sat nav and at an indicated 70mph on the clock the gps showed 63mph which is about what i'd expect to be right (they all usually over-read)

I'd guess that indicated 80mph would be a touch over 70mph real speed. It has plenty of rpm's left to go off the clock aswell.

My tacho only shows around 8k rpm and won't go any higher <_< but i suspect that's due to a faulty tacho ? *shrugs*(splutters and engine won't rev higher) :rolleyes:

Bike looks a mess with the unpainted new shape rear end, but i'll get that sorted soon enough...

Your bikes are all so clean :o I have more leaks than the welsh I am going to be so ashamed on the 4th go easy on me. Oh and i wish i had a pv motor :( instead of this bolt. Mind you i do like that my bike has a split personality :lol:

If any ony has some pv covers for a pre servo bike id buy them if you bring them to squires to stop my leak. Atm i have some repair washers and rubber rings and a plate doing there best but alas i am no engineer

Just removed some from an old barrel, i will throw them in my bag for squires ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So are we saying that if you earth the wire behind the speedo it makes the pv react and work differently?

Interesting :)

The way i saw it was it worked so im leaving it lol Was more than quick enough for a little 125 2stroke thats for sure.

Managed to max the speedo once or twice too B) whilst waiting for a BANG!.... this did eventually happen aswell :(