tools?

jerc
This post is 5104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello to everyone!

because i'm starting a new riding season i of course want to change oil and oil filter. Because i haven't done this before and because i don't want to start this if i can't do it on my own(but i want to save some money ;) )i ask you guys this: do i need any special yamaha-tools that i don't have? i mean...i have all the standard tools and wrenches you can buy in every shop...

thanks for answers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Jerc,

You don't need any special tools, just torque wrench with either 17/19mm sprocket (can't remember which one), allen keys and a BIG pan for collecting the used oil.

Did mine last summer and saved about £40 on labour

Good luck

Graham

Hi Jerc,

You don't need any special tools, just torque wrench with either 17/19mm sprocket (can't remember which one), allen keys and a BIG pan for collecting the used oil.

Did mine last summer and saved about £40 on labour

Good luck

Graham

Graham thank you very much! :)

It will save me some €'s too ;)

Graham thank you very much! :)

It will save me some €'s too ;)

Yep, just follow the instructions in your owners manual, should be straightforward. Make sure that the bike is level when you refill with oil, also make sure you use the correct type of oil, very important.

Might want to do the air filter, plugs etc as well...

Aw heck, just check everything - Your bike will love you for it!!

Might want to do the air filter, plugs etc as well...

Aw heck, just check everything - Your bike will love you for it!!

of course, of course...i just wasn't sure for the oil and all that stuff..thanks again for the answers and the help ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online