1987 tzr 125

folgate
This post is 4620 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi kinda new to this and currently i need of a little help, basically ive recently bought myself a 1987 yamaha tzr, iv bought it with intent to rebuild it and get it on the road this year, iv got the bike running fairly well, just got a few nigling problems. when i turn my ignition on my lights dont seem to work, but they do work whilst the bike is running, except my indecaters dont work atall. recently had to clean the carb out was filthy but seems fine now been out running it in. but recently its stopped turning over just checked my spark plug to look for an underlying problem but its jus got a little bit of petrol on it, can anyone identify what would b causing this, guessing the carbs just flooding but just want some advice if anyone can help. cheers luke

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

The light don't come on unless the bike is running, its normal. The lack of  indicators could signal an iffy connection somewhere, you should check the wiring over for loose/corroded connections, bad earths etc.

Do you get a spark with the spark plug removed from the head?

Vez.

Welcome to the forum btw.

cheers, yeah cleaned up my earths n spark plug is new aswell, guna b checking the hets on my carb again hopefully thats where the problem is lying as it was stood solid for 11yrs, just annoying that im having to bump it for the moment instead of the kick, thanks for the advice peps really appreciate it

Guest MaD.VeZ

cheers, yeah cleaned up my earths n spark plug is new aswell, guna b checking the hets on my carb again hopefully thats where the problem is lying as it was stood solid for 11yrs, just annoying that im having to bump it for the moment instead of the kick, thanks for the advice peps really appreciate it

If its been stood for a while you may want to check the power jet pipe/circuit on the bottom of the carb, all the cr@p tends to settle there and it can play havoc with the running of the bike.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone

Im having an issue with my TZR.

I havnt started it for about 9 months, it starts alryt and runs but only for about 30seconds and then it dies and wont start again. If i wait for a day then it will start again and run for 30seconds and die and then not start again. I have cleaned out the carb and still then same problem. I doubt its electrical because it does run for a while. And after cleaning the carb when I turned on the fuel tap it just overflowed majorly but after starting the bike there was no more overflow but also then again it didnt start again after dying.

Anyone know what might be wrong? Would really appreciate you're help.

Thanks

Hi everyone

I havnt started it for about 9 months, it starts alryt and runs but only for about 30seconds and then it dies and wont start again. If i wait for a day then it will start again and run for 30seconds and die and then not start again. I have cleaned out the carb and still then same problem. I doubt its electrical because it does run for a while. And after cleaning the carb when I turned on the fuel tap it just overflowed majorly but after starting the bike there was no more overflow but also then again it didnt start again after dying.

Thanks

Hi everyone

Thanks

Are ya sure ya really really cleaned the carb,,,,,,sounds like blocked pilet jet. The overflowing prob is the float sticking or the needle and its seat are worn and might need replacing. Sticking float will flood the carb and cause engine to stop like your saying.

Start a new thread of your own on this matter,,,,,,more chance of getting help m8