two stroke oil pump setup

BRIANM
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ALL,

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the oil pump on an r-xs 100?The thing realy guzzles two stroke.The cable is nice and free but the tank can be used in the space of 100 miles or so,Not sure how much it holds,just over a litre i think,its a 96 model and it runs well,just cant keep the bugger going on two stroke lol.any help is greatly appreciated.THANKS.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I Don't know what type of pump is on this model of bike but there should be a mark on the pump body that lines up with a mark on the pulley when the throtle is closed. Use the cable adjuster to line up these two marks once you have done this start the bike and watch for the pump moving in and out, when its at its outermost measure the gap between the pulley and a projection on the pump.I think it should be between 0.2 and 0.3mm.To adjust this take off the nut at the end of the pump and add or subtract the shims untill the gap is correct.

Hi Wizzer,YOU are a gent and a scholar m8,after many hours of searching i finally found the workshop manual and your guide was spot on,even down to the gap measurement.Thanks m8.

• 2 years later...

I've got the same issue but can't find shims anywhere, can you help?

Check the part numbers (DT250) but have a look here LINKY

I buy lots of Suzi bits from them. I am UK based but it still works out cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the minimum pump stroke setting is the same on all the small twins? I've just reset this on my 1982 RS200 to 8 to 10 thou (0.2 to 0.25mm) as this is the book figure for the RD200 and RD125. It was set at 15 thou, but this was achieved by the previous owner by putting a fibre washer in there instead of the shim washers, and tightening it up until it squashed down to 15 thou clearance, so this was a bodge and probably not the right figure.

Not being able to find a manual for the RS200, I've had to assume it's the same as the RD200. The engines seem very similar (except for the single carb of course). I have noticed that the RS pump does not have the white plastic starter plate that the RD one does, and means you have to use the kickstarter to move the pump plunger out to its maximum for measuring the gap, but otherwise it looks the same.

Anyone know if the RS200 does in fact use the same setting of 8 to 10 thou (0.2 to 0.25mm)?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online