Easy Drop

kevin10529
This post is 5112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

www.easy-drop.co.uk

Got a reply after filling out the from etc.. They are asking for money up-front for uniform...

what do you think?? Smells funny.... Here is what they sent me back

Your Ref: *****

30/3/10

Hi again and good morning,

My name is Lorraine James from Easy Drop. We have already been in touch but it seems our original email did not make it to you hence we are in contact again.

I am writing with regard to your recent application to Join Easy Drop as a self employed owner driver courier/delivery operator. We are pleased to inform you that we are in a position to utilise your services in the areas that you specified and would officially like to offer you the position.

The pay rate that we have specified will be £18.95 per hour, this is the current rate for your location and is applicable to both day and evening shift patterns. The minimum amount of hours that you will be required to be available for is 16, however we can offer up to 40 with the average being 35. Payment will be made to you on a weekly basis and can be made via bank transfer or cheque.

In order to accept our offer and to be eligible to deliver goods on behalf of Easy Drop, you will be required to wear our Easy Drop uniform and also carry Easy Drop stationery which is needed to complete all deliverys and collections, in addition to this you will also be issued an Easy Drop i.d card which, again must be presented upon the pick up and delivery of all items. Because our relationship is a partnership we will cover the majority of the cost of these items i.e. the uniform, stationery and i.d card, however we do require you to pay a small amount to contribute to this cost.

The amount that you will need to pay is £54.95. This amount will cover all your uniform and stationery needs for twelve months. Basically what will happen is; if any part of your uniform or stationery stock runs out or needs replacing just let us know and we will get replacements to you. Please remember that all of this charge can be fully claimed back through expenses so in real terms it will not cost you a single penny.

You may ask why we charge something toward the uniform, stationery and i.d card.The simple answer is, it costs quite a bit of money.We feel that this is fair, we are in a partnership and you are self employed therefore all we are asking that we share the cost. If you are prepared to contribute to the cost of your uniform etc. it tells us a lot about you and your intent to pursue this line of work with the level of professionalism that we desire. We are also pretty sure that you will feel secure in the knowledge that you will be partnering a company that insists that its delivery contractors are fully liveried. Everyone that works with us will show the same level of commitment towards creating a professional company .

You can make payment by either Cheque, postal order, or securley online by Credit Card. If you wish to pay by credit card please click here and you will be taken to our secure payments page, where you will also be prompted for the size of the garments you require. If you would prefer to pay by credit card over the phone please call 0871-2182829 during office hours and one of our staff will process your payment.

If you wish to pay by Cheque or Postal Order please Make payment to Cracked IT, please send to Easy Drop, Innovations Business Centre, 54 Blossom Street, York, YO24 1AP. Important: On the reverse of your cheque or postal order please state your size (s,m,l,xl,xxl) and your name and address.

Once we receive payment we will the dispatch your uniform, stationery pack and i.d card, shortly after you receive these we will activate you on our system and at this point we will get you started with your first assignments. In addition to this once you are active one of our members of staff will be in contact togo through all operational procedures and answer any further questions that you may have.

If you have any queries regarding any aspect of this offer please call us on 0871-2182829 or email us on [email protected] and we will answer any questions you may have.

I look forward to forging a long and mutually beneficial relationship with you. Thank you for your interest in Easy Drop.

Best Regards

Lorraine James.

Easy Drop, part of the Cracked IT group.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:lol: £18 and hour, your vehicle, your tax, your insurance, your fuel more than likely. Who's paying who. :lol:

Well Kevin its understandable that your desperate to maybe get back to work if your unemployed or just thinking of a change, however-no 'succesfull company is gonna ask you to pay up for a uniform, it doesn't sound good IMHO, but its up to you m8y, and good luck :)

Guest MaD.VeZ

I call bullsh*t for the reason that the website is dedicated to recruiting people and not selling their product, what are they an agency or courier firm?

If it was my business i would be trying to get parcels to collect/deliver as my primary concern and then recruiting more discretely, where as this firm seem to be more concerned in recruiting people, which leads me to believe that that is their primary source of income. Its easy to get another courier firm to deliver a package and harder to get a package for your staff to deliver. Its ass about t*t IMO :angry:

Vez.

Edit: i also don't see any business registration number and they don't appear in any business listings.

Edit 2: the name easy drop is trademarked to Lufthansa Engineering and Operational Services GmbH

FRA UN3 Lufthansa Basis, Frankfurt, Germany, 60546 applied for back in 2008 so not very new, maybe contact them to see if it is legitimate.

Full details here

www.easy-drop.co.uk

The amount that you will need to pay is £54.95.

Once we receive payment we will the dispatch your uniform,

The above says it all. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

Me being a bit of a miss Marple, here are some facts

Cracked IT or Cracked it Group doenst exist as a business in this country. address info@easy_drop.blah blah isnt an official business email address.

And.... This is the best one......54 blossom street york is listed as Sainsburys!!!!!

SCAM SCAM SCAM!

put it this way if they want u to pay for ur uniform ect why not just take it out of ur pay packet? some companies do charge for the uniform but will only do this after a contract has been signed. all scams are the same they all ask for money then go into too much depth to why they need it. I say dont send money unless u hav signed a contract 1st!

I'm sure I don't need to add to this, but just for the hell of it......

1) Why would you need to wear a uniform if you are a using a bike ?

2) Cracked IT is not listed at Companies House, yet it say's it is

3) 54 Blossom St does exist, however try searching for it, look at the websites you get back, similar eh?

4) 54 Blossom St does exist, however it is very small, and painted to look like a Keep left sign (Google Maps), and is in the junction next to Sainsbury's !

5) The search results from the address shows up one, Innovation-Business.co.uk, who offer virtual office services, in other word, services that are not there! and when you dial the number, you get a woman, no company or business mention.

To be honest, I'd pass the stuff you have straight to Trading Standards and have them investigate it. They are attempting to obtain money by dishonest means. You could go to the Police, but they'll only mess it all up with thier size 12's, Trading Standards will at least investigate it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is most certianly a scam as i was sent an email from this same company but was given a different address an differnt contact number i wonder why?

You can make payment for your uniform pack by Cheque or Postal Order which will need to made payable to Cracked IT, please send to Easy Drop, Suite 344 Clifford House, 7-9 Clifford Street, York, YO1 9RA. Important!!! On the reverse of your cheque or postal order please state your size (s,m,l,xl,xxl) and your name, address and the ref number printed on te top of this letter. Please also quote your email address.

If you have any queries regarding any aspect of this offer please call us on 0845-6865213 or email us on [email protected] and we will answer any questions you may have.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online