Yamaha FZ1 the cr@pest buy ever !

Fragger
This post is 5016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Holy CRUD ! Bought the new Fazer in 2006. I've had nothing but sh!t with this bike ! What a waste of my hard earned cash.

This time it's been in the shop for 8 weeks..... problem after problem.... I'm ready to douse it in fuel and set it alight !

Faulty flywheel been blowing electronic components 1 after another. The agents say it's not their problem....... Yamaha you SUK !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Holy CRUD ! Bought the new Fazer in 2006. I've had nothing but sh!t with this bike ! What a waste of my hard earned cash.

This time it's been in the shop for 8 weeks..... problem after problem.... I'm ready to douse it in fuel and set it alight !

Faulty flywheel been blowing electronic components 1 after another. The agents say it's not their problem....... Yamaha you SUK !

You've bought it new and had it for 4 years but its been nothing but hassle, grow up.

With a first post like that you may want to stay with the Suzuki's.

You've bought it new and had it for 4 years but its been nothing but hassle, grow up.

With a first post like that you may want to stay with the Suzuki's.

More like just over 3 years... of which a year and a half of that it's been back to yamaha every 2nd month getting new electrical components because they keep blowing..... Am I the only one with this cr@p ? If so I definitely got a dud yet yamaha don't seem to think it's their problem.

Not the greatest idea to vent on a first post, agreed altho it's driving me nuts. I hoped I'd get at least some good millage out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really, I have a 2002 FZ1. It's more reliable than any Honda I've ever owned. In fact, I put 24,000 miles on it in 1 year in Colorado with nothing other than gas, oil changes and tires. I think the first generation FZ1 is a better bike.

• 2 months later...

Really, I have a 2002 FZ1. It's more reliable than any Honda I've ever owned. In fact, I put 24,000 miles on it in 1 year in Colorado with nothing other than gas, oil changes and tires. I think the first generation FZ1 is a better bike.

06 gen 2. 100k w/no problems. Never ridden a gen 1 -but I'd like to some day...