Its time to move on.....

kevin10529
This post is 5112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its time to sell the cat and move on to something bigger and hopefully more suited to my 6"3 frame.

Whats the best bike for comfort?

Oh yeah and if you fancy a bid!!!?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160418291825

Hey kev...a DT125R, not had so much fun in ages mate and i can only just touch the floor :D

Almost got an XJR1300 myself... Just a little too big for the day-to-day stuff, I felt.

I'm only 5' 11", though...

XJR1300...a superb bike. I think 'Gas up - Lets go' has one ;)

I do, I'm even planning to tax it this week and get it back out on the road - now that the salt has all gone and we're into summer........ :unsure:

Thinking xjr1300 i just want comfort for the m/ways.

Now then, the XJR is a comfortable bike, and easy to ride, really easy, despite it's 1300cc lump it feels light on the road at speed and in traffic.

It is un-faired and you do get the old wind blast and driving rain, and coming from a Thundercat you'll notice it. A few quid spent of a small screen (I have a Puig one, but there are many available) will make a world of difference, although when the speedo passes 80 you'll start to notice the wind more and more - sort of a 'slow down now' reminder!.

More of a sort of rumbling power house, rather than a racer. But I kinda like it,,,,, then again it might well morph into a 1200 Multistrada before next summer.

When you say you want comfort, what sort of comfort ? for a big fell like yourself th Varadero will suit speed and handling, but it really does come down to what you want ?? The big trailies will offer the best size, and if you look at the Triumph Tiger these get good feedback from owners - you'll save on the insurance too.

One thing I realy don't like the XJR for, it a git to keep clean, way too much chrome and engine stuff that you can see, and it look like a shabby old piece of russian crap when it's too dirty!

whats the VFR800i like for keeping the numb bum and sore knees/back away. You just put me off a XJR !! i am crap at keeping on top of the shiny stuff!!

Like this ?

VFR800.JPG

Nice.

Goes like stink, it's really sedate under 4000rpm, then it turns into a bit of a monster (it's a VVC engine) as the other 4 valves come into play.....

I had this one for 8 months and just got sick of the back racing the front out of the roundabouts. It just didn't suit my riding style, but it did look this good after a winter's salt had taken it's toil. I'm not sure it's so different from the T'cat though in terms of size and possition. A mate of mine has on on a 53 plate with about 6K on the clock, he keeps elling me he's going to sell it, just the same as the one in the picture but silver. I can ask him if he's serious about the sale if you want? (drop me a PM)

What other bikes you had?? You seem to have had alot!

Alzheimer's has reduced most of them to forgotten momories, but in the past 10 years or so I've had Kwacker ZZR600, VFR800, two XL1000 Varaderos, Kwacker KLE 500 and I currently have a XRJ1300, XT660Z (Tenere) and a TTR600RE..... Maybe a 1200 Multistrada in the near future

Could you ask your mate if hes thinking about selling please.

Cheers Kev.

I'll drop him a line. I might even have a photo of it somewhere...