c clip im master cylinder

hebrew hammer
This post is 5141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As the title says I cannot get the c clip out of the master cylinder. I need to get this out in order to rebuild it, but this clip has given me nothing but trouble. I spent 20 dollars on snap clips/ c clip pliers and 30 dollars on precision screwdrivers and allen wrenches but to no avail. How did you guys remove your C clips?

edit: doh stupid typo in title, see how pissed I am!?!?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As the title says I cannot get the c clip out of the master cylinder. I need to get this out in order to rebuild it, but this clip has given me nothing but trouble. I spent 20 dollars on snap clips/ c clip pliers and 30 dollars on precision screwdrivers and allen wrenches but to no avail. How did you guys remove your C clips?

edit: doh stupid typo in title, see how pissed I am!?!?

expensive tools :lol:

hopefully you got a new seal kit first?

destroy the rubber boot ( well as much as you can)

get a long nail and grind it further so there is a 3mm "pin" formed

stick the nail into one of the eyes in the circlip push it out. if the circlip starts spinning you may ned to get another nail and cross them over and repeat.

done this twice now and costs nowt!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online