ye old bikers nod

Guest MaD.VeZ
This post is 4971 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i accidently nodded to a traffic warden on a scooter on saterday...the feckin shame of it...

Don't see the problem, myself - Most wardens, especially those on 2 wheels, tend to leave bikes alone.

The only problem is finding one when there's a car parked in the bike bays.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when there's a car parked in the bike bays.

By 'Bike bay' do you mean pavement ?

It must be a southern thing, ooop norf we don't have places for bikes, just cars and sheep....

Supermarket, shopping malls and even the streets all have marked bike parking bays.

Parking outside of them will lead to ticketing and/or 'towing' by private clamping companies.

Hence getting very nasty at cars who park there.

I have also threatened to permanently disable drivers who park in the Disabled bays, too :lol:

Don't see the problem, myself - Most wardens, especially those on 2 wheels, tend to leave bikes alone.

The only problem is finding one when there's a car parked in the bike bays.

back here in the N W most wardens dont give a shit,especially those on bikes (because most of them are ,for a quick getaway)its all about points for pounds in the good old north of west.

What has happened to the reassuring nod bikers used to share when passing one another on the open road? Is it just me or has it all but died out?

hey no its may have died out on the mainland but im on the isle of wight and we still give a nod but i am trying to introduce the purple helmets left hand salute too!

• 3 weeks later...

i do a few nods but some bikers ignore me bus wankers!

Ok Kishan, you got me, wth is a bus wanker ?

Ok Kishan, you got me, wth is a bus wanker ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bus%20Wanker

lol ok maybe its a wrong term to use for the bikers who dont nod but if they cant nod at other bikers they shouldnt be bikers its disrespectful if you dont nod back if they nod at you :lol: :lol:

I always nod, don't always get one back but hey. it's funny when i nod to someone on a 125 with l plates, the last one actually looked scared bless her :lol:

i dont get as much nods on my fzr 400 as i did wen i was rocking L plates few week ago so yh i think it is like saying welcome to 2 wheels it feels good when you do get nods

i dont get as much nobs on my fzr 400 as i did wen i was rocking L plates few week ago so yh i think it is like saying welcome to 2 wheels it feels good when you do get nods

*Note to self, stay clear of fzr400 riders, there a strange bunch :unsure:

I will add to my original post and say i get alot more nods on the YBR than i do on the DTR

*Note to self, stay clear of fzr400 riders, there a strange bunch :unsure:

haha just noticed wot i put i think ill edit that 1 haha

Yeah I'll nod/wave/whatever at anyone on two wheels. Definately less common now and I think that it will only get worse if we don't carry on nodding. I usually mutter something to myself at them if they don't nod back which is probably 50% of the time I guess. Out in the bush everyone still nods and it's not unusual to stop and have a chat. Me and a mate have noticed it while mountain biking as well and we're doing our best to keep it going/bring it back. I also noticed that cycling in Canada everyone said hello and were really friendly. After that I went to Germany where no-one seemed to give a shit, even other cycle/tourers.

Gordo

Been doing the nod since the early 80's when I started out....I find the responses mixed, some will nod others are oblivious or just plain rude.. On my way back from picking my cat up I gave a couple of young 'ped riders a nod, they nodded back in unison, which I thought was nice. I really don't care we all have to start somewhere and I find that your behaviour influences others behaviour. Perhaps it's up to us to spread the word!

• 3 weeks later...

I was coming back from Hayfield to Glossop the other week and a load of bikers were coming the other way split into two groups riding big cruiser type bikes. I nodded at the first group and they all just looked disgusted that I nodded, I think one even growled at me! The second group nodded and waved like good 'uns.

Some days everyone nods back, others only some of them.

I think Rizo's right, maybe it is up to us to spread the word.

This is an old thread, but what the hell.

I nod or wave, depending on speed and circumstance. I do not wave to mopeds/scooters (sorry kishan), as they usually don't know what I'm doing.

I do dislike lack of reciprocation, which I don't always get when riding the Triumph.

Ok, so I'm only recently back on 2 wheels, but over the last week had the pleasure(?) of three vehicles - a 125 scooter (taking home for a friend) which got laughed at by bikers but nods from another scooter (understandable), a BMW Tourer which got ignored by everyone and my own dear FZ400 which has got nods EVERY time over the last few days. 'Course I always recipric.... recipra... reciprie... nod back. :D

And when I nod, I seem to get plenty back too...... I put it down to being on something a bit different :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been nodding/waving for 40 odd years (yea some of them VERY odd) I have had mixed responses :unsure:

I always get a wave back from fellow Morris Minor drivers though :)

Em B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online