Yamaha Aerox

dannyboy007
This post is 4979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just recently purchased a Yamaha MBK Nitro (Same as Aerox) 100cc 2 stroke.

It has new carb, piston, airfilter, a racing exhaust, new drive belt and i am not sure if the rollers are new but i think they are 12 grams.

Theres not a problem starting her. Starts first time! Kick and electric.

When pulling away she is REALLY slow until she gets into the second gear then she pulls away nicely

It is at about 3000 rpm vibrations start and pulling away is difficult.

I need help to try and resolve this problem as it is doing my head in and obviously going to be p*ssing other motorists on the road especial ones behind me.

Could the reason be that the new piston needs to be run in?

Could the rollers be to heavy?

The belt needs to be used a little before picking up the pace?

Or maybe the airfilter is causing this issue?

Any ideas how to get some acceleration from my baby?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey im having the same problem on my aerox100 mate im guesisng it could be the power valve or the rollers or need to rejet it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey im having the same problem on my aerox100 mate im guesisng it could be the power valve or the rollers or need to rejet it.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH ... she does my head in .... shes worse than any 50cc ive ever seen and thats sayin sumet ... and shes ment to be 100cc

I think ill stick to piaggio zip 125 4 stroke ... she was my first bike and boy did she move!! with standard exhast and everything else, 70mph easy and i got rid of her ... (stupied man!)

• 5 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online