Yamaha Radian YX600 Airbox

rikernumber1
This post is 5147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not a question - just an observation. I'd manage to source a replacement airbox for my Radian sometime last year - finally got round to having a go at fitting it today.

Unfortunately, I discovered that when they built these bikes, they started with the airbox and then built the entire bike around it....I'd dismantled virtually everything, and after a couple of hours trying to bend ease it out I gave up - seems the only way to get that baby out is to take the engine out.

I fitted new carb holders whilst I was at it. Now it won't start.....there's always tomorrow I suppose (once the battery has re-charged...)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OK - I do have a problem.

Managed to get it to start after a lot of coaxing. However, it won't idle. The adjustment screw on the back of the carb doesn't seem to do any good - I think the choke is making some difference, but not enough to keep it going.

I haven't touched the setup on the carbs at all - all I did was take them off, and replace them again. I'm guessing the system is more airtight than it was as I've replace the carb holders that look a bit perished - unless somehow I've got something wrong and it's less airtight.

Any ideas?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online