Paint job query

Chezz
This post is 5125 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ello,

I hope to have my r125 by the end of May, I dont plan on buying a brand new one, but I do want to stick with it for a few years. So Im thinking about having it custom painted...

Im a chrome fan... I know chrome spray costs alot, but I was wondering, what should I expect to pay for an - all-fairings paintjob?

I will design the job myself, being a bluddy art student (:P) but Im just wondeirng what to expect to pay. I just want something simple... originaly and most likely, I will have the majority of it painted white. Knowing me ill end up pushing it, and would try for a chrome job... I know how to keep design sophisticated and not cheesy :P (heh my ideas might even be absolute cheese in somes opinions!!)

E.g, i would have it chromed, and with a large black yamaha decal on both sides.. etc... and id keep the visual balance!

Ill post my design if I go ahead.

So yeah, help much appreciated!!

Chezzy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ello,

I hope to have my r125 by the end of May, I dont plan on buying a brand new one, but I do want to stick with it for a few years. So Im thinking about having it custom painted...

Im a chrome fan... I know chrome spray costs alot, but I was wondering, what should I expect to pay for an - all-fairings paintjob?

I will design the job myself, being a bluddy art student (:P) but Im just wondeirng what to expect to pay. I just want something simple... originaly and most likely, I will have the majority of it painted white. Knowing me ill end up pushing it, and would try for a chrome job... I know how to keep design sophisticated and not cheesy :P (heh my ideas might even be absolute cheese in somes opinions!!)

E.g, i would have it chromed, and with a large black yamaha decal on both sides.. etc... and id keep the visual balance!

Ill post my design if I go ahead.

So yeah, help much appreciated!!

Chezzy

Hi Mate

if you are wondering how your bike will look with a larger than normal tunning fork/yamaha emblem on it, have a look at my mt-03 which i have just put back together.

DSC_0144.jpg

Like you i came up with the idea and Colin my painter did all the work,here is a like to his website.

Hi Mate

if you are wondering how your bike will look with a larger than normal tunning fork/yamaha emblem on it, have a look at my mt-03 which i have just put back together.

DSC_0144.jpg

Like you i came up with the idea and Colin my painter did all the work,here is a like to his website.

Wow that looks beautiful!!

I will photoshop what i plan for mine, but i cant photoshop chrome haha ill take a jpeg of the 10' white one and show you with that..

Mid lothian haha i live in the midlands! checked out his gallery pretty sweet...

Can i ask how much that was :P Because really my plans arent much different hehe.

Ill post my idea here in a bit so peeps have an idea :D

Decent, proper paint jobs usually cost a good few hundred.

In addition, many places will want you to strip the bike down and supply just the bits you want painted. They won't take responsibility for disassembly/reassembly.

I went to a dealers today, and had a sit on the yzf.... Im in LOVE!!!

They offer a paintjob with the price... so i think im going to do that.

They asked 2600 for the r125 + Paintjob.

I just need to design it now!! Will post my ideas here, tried to do some last night but couldnt quite do it properly with photoshop, ive figured out another way to do it now.

Im really exited now.. Im thinking gold white and black. (dominantly white with black and gold stripes of some sort... ill seee)

Can anyone remember that guy in MOTOGP who rides the playboy bike.. i hear they ran out of funding, and all i remember is the rider 'had beef' with rossi... which make was that bike? id like to do somthing like that one. i remember it being gold black and white and just thinkin oo that looks pretty..

But yeah the dreams that much closer and im really happy :D

They asked 2600 for the r125 + Paintjob.

Really??!!

Are you exceptionally pretty, then? :D

That's a good quote.

Well done, mate!!

:D he said 2300 for bike alone so i might aswel just pay 300 more!

as for my prettyness ill let you decide when i have my sportsy gear on next to my bike ...

Im going to the BMF in may to get some gear... and i want to find a yamaha shirt somhow.. havent checked ebay yet.

Do let me know if im being an absolute nooby. Im very excited and cant wait to get kitted out and get going.

Patience, I have it when i need it.. but I hate having to have it when it comes to my first bike hehe!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online