New girl :)

Chezz
This post is 5123 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya,

Im Cherrelle... Im about to start the wonderful adventure of motorbikes ha

Im 21 and gonna take my CBT in april. I want an r125, Im just not feeling anything else at the mo...

Hoping to get a lil advice here perhaps and see whats goin on lol

Nice to meet ya :)

Chezz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We dont get many girls on here, I'll let the guys know your here

ahem :rolleyes:

We dont get many girls on here, I'll let the guys know your here

ahem :rolleyes:

haha bet that took plenty of practise.. thanks man!

Yeh.. Cars... too many of em.. I found lessons boring and looong.. one day but I've wanted a motorbike since i first saw some sort of sports one when i was tiny!

Im a Honda car fan, but yamaha is kinda stealin my heart for motorbikes at the moment.

I bet there is a bit of bias going on, as in, if you have ridden a certain make for years your obv gonna suggest it right? So ive decided to go with something i know ill love... people have made out yams are expensive to maintain? Ill ask more q's closer to the time i suppose!

Was going to get a CBR but not keen. Soon ill be going to a dealers to check out their yams.. bfore they sell em!!

I havent ridden anything before other than a quad, a small one, years ago and i think that was a yamaha too lol.

Thanks for your welcome :)

I heard you calling BWJ:

Failte; new girl Chezz to the YOC cool.gif

Wlcome along and enjoy your stay------- and do stay as more Girls are most welcome !

Guest MaD.VeZ

Hi and  :welcome: to the forums Chezz.

Asking about maintenance costs is a good question to ask when you are inquiring at a bike dealers while choosing a bike. Questions like "how much for a service?" "how much to replace the tires?" "how much for a brake overhaul?"  are good places to start, especially if its a new bike your looking at.

I think general maintenance costs vary from bike to bike. Yamaha bikes are probably slightly more expensive but are worth it imo, as you get better looks and performance - not that i'm biased or anything :unsure:

Vez.

Heya Chezz!!

I bet there is a bit of bias going on, as in, if you have ridden a certain make for years your obv gonna suggest it right?

Not in the slightest.

I always suggest whatever is most suitable.

I'm a Cruiser fan and I always advocate trying one of those at some point. The riding style is very different and presents some unique challenges and experiences.

That said, I'm also considering an ex-military Harley MT350, an old 1300 Honda Pan and a Suzuki G-Strider (when they're cheap enough).

people have made out yams are expensive to maintain?

Depends entirely on what model you have and what needs maintaining. Sports bikes, especially Track ones, can go through tyres every 3,000 miles. I replaced mine for the first time in 19,000 last year.

I bet there is a bit of bias going on, as in, if you have ridden a certain make for years your obv gonna suggest it right?

That depends who you talk to, some of us have had a few different steeds from different stables, some good, some bad....

people have made out yams are expensive to maintain?

Again, it depends. If you were to ride soemthng like the XT660, or the MT-03 then it's a 6000 mile service interval, a Honda is 4000 miles.

Was going to get a CBR but not keen.

It's been a while since I rode a 125, but looking at the Honda, it has a rear tyre that's narrower than my mountain bike! I think the 125 Yam is a much better bike, with loads more presence on the road. If you want lots of go check out the Aprilia RS125.

BWJ - your call startled the dogs, can I have a bit warning next time?

I'm a Cruiser fan and I always advocate trying one of those at some point. The riding style is very different and presents some unique challenges

Like corners, or roundabouts..... :lol:

Like corners, or roundabouts..... :lol:

:P

I'm happy to brag that *I* consistently manage the inside of the Boscastle hairpin (going uphill, that is) where other 'more nimble' bikes cannot :D

Hi, I'm new too - just joined today. I'm picking up my bike tomorrow after 20 years waiting to get back on two wheels again. Maybe just a mid-life crisis but I am so excited!

Lorain (another 'girl')

Hi, I'm new too - just joined today. I'm picking up my bike tomorrow after 20 years waiting to get back on two wheels again. Maybe just a mid-life crisis but I am so excited!

Lorain (another 'girl')

welcome to YOC

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online