XT 125 Arrow Exhaust

MalcolmX
This post is 3896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've read all i can about these exhausts, but just want to know if someone has done it themselves and what they noticed afterwards.

How much more top speed would i gain?

Do i need to re-jet?

Better acceleration?

Let me know plz

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well no responses so i thought i'd update and let you know how it went.

Old exhasut (05 plate) had obviously never been taken off before, so had to drill the main bolt out and give it a slight wiggle. Bolts at other end of pipe needed some convincing too.

Once all was off the arrow was SO easy to fit! I didnt need to take any components off the bike to fit it, (only to take old 1 off) literally just popped right in.

Now for performance.

After messing with the air mixing, (think i did 2 and 1/2 turns on air mixture screw) it moved and sounded like a beast.

It performs best when its at about 8500 revs and boy oh boy does it pack a punch compared to before. The overall top speed i gained was only 8-10 mph, buttt, the time it takes for me to get there was dramatically descreased.

Now what im going to do.

Change front sprocket to a 15 tooth instead of 14, and maybe go down a few on the back.

Up-jet. Factory carb is a 105 Main Jet and the pilot is 15. Im putting a 110 main (maybe even 112.5 if i can be cheeky enough) and a 17.5 pilot.

Im thinking about drilling out the cover for the fuel screw and tuning that aswell.

I so DEPSERATLEY need a CDI full power unit for my bike. I have searched everywhere and they either dont exist or are impossible to find.

If anyone can help me on this i would be SO appreciative.

I now have my Yamaha Dt X 06 frame, which i bought after an 800 mile write off, and its going to be my work in progress over the next year i believe.

Am also considering buying an Aprilia Mx 125 (not yamaha BOOOOO), just because they are too sexy, and raced one last week against my friends DT and absolutley smashed it. I kid you not i got 96 mph on the speedo!!! I almost let out a poo and was like WOW :blink: .

Any comments, experiences, info or just general chat would be much appreciated.

IM SO BORED AT WORK!!

Peace

• 1 year later...

Hi there

I hope you are still about as i would like to know if any of the above had an effect on performance?

what main & pilot did you put in, in the end?

did it effect the colour of the plug?

did it increased richness? if so how did you adjust this? as i can not find the air/mixture screw... where is it?

how do you drill out the cover to get to the fuel screw? what will this achieve? do you really need to do it?

i have put a gianellii exhaust on, sounds nice but i want more performance without a big bore kit. a 125 should be a 125 with MAX power out put.

hope your still on here

• 2 years later...

just to let you know the air mixture screw is under the carb and is a bugger to get to but i am also very intreged about the exhaust system as mine is completly stock and runs like a pig (slow,boggy and a bore to ride but very comfortable and spongy ride) also could yuo put links up as i dont know where to get the parts from

hope to here more in this post soon :)

Seeing the last post before yours was April 2011, and the last poster only posted once, you may be waiting some time for an answer from them.