XJ750 Seca 1982

murph4017
This post is 4091 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I've Just bought back my old 750 Seca that I originaly owned many years ago and there does'nt seem to be many still around these days. Anyone else out there still riding one. Could use a few good second hand parts if any are available. Hope to hear from anyone who still owns one of these great bikes.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i am saved ???? i was begining to think i was the only person still riding a82 seca and belive me spears are like rockin horse wotsit here in suffolk i am tird of hearing duno mate never erd of em nice bike lots in the states it seems anyway im gone ride safe tinker

• 1 month later...

Nah dude, there are more of us ;)

I got me an 82 Seca 750 two weeks ago. 46k mileage. Still purring like a tiger, only minor problems with the fuel system / carbs..

Currently the bike is being used for training, as I'm doing the driver's licence this year.

There's a huge overhaul planned for the coming winter.

Good luck with your bikes!

• 2 weeks later...

Try www.xjbikes.com a really god source of help and information on all things xj.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Nah dude, there are more of us ;)

I got me an 82 Seca 750 two weeks ago. 46k mileage. Still purring like a tiger, only minor problems with the fuel system / carbs..

Currently the bike is being used for training, as I'm doing the driver's licence this year.

There's a huge overhaul planned for the coming winter.

Good luck with your bikes!

Hi I've Just bought back my old 750 Seca that I originaly owned many years ago and there does'nt seem to be many still around these days. Anyone else out there still riding one. Could use a few good second hand parts if any are available. Hope to hear from anyone who still owns one of these great bikes.

Hey great to hear others are still riding this fine motorcycle! I got 90,000 miles on the original motor, then something went wrong in the gearbox. I looked around and found another motor with about 2,000 miles on it. With general maintenence & as long as I can find parts, I'll ride this bike forever! I've made lots of mods so now only really knowledgable people know its a 1982 motorcycle. I get compliments everywhere i go & questions about what kind it is, ect. I'm new here & still trying to figure out how to navigate this page. Lets all put up pics of our Secas. Even if I had enough money for a new bike I'd keep this one. It always has done everything I've asked of it & its reliability is nothing short of phenominable! Sure it aint no modern race bike but is plenty fast for me & who needs the speeding tickets anyway. Hope to hear some feedback. Riding season here in Minnesota USA is still 2 months away & I cant wait to go riding!!!

• 1 month later...

hello, i still have this bike. it's doesn't run at the moment and your right i don't see any on the road but that only makes mine more unique. There is a bike wreckers in Toronto only an hour away for me they have a few 82 xj750 for parts.

nice to see others still rocking this bike. :)

regards,

AlekCanuk

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Silver Seca those padded bars and long leading link forks were a nightmare in the bends and the anti-dive didnt work the motor was a peach though and made that XJ transmission whistle. I used to tour on it with my Girlfriend now Wife and 60mpg was possible. I luved that bike I had to sell it to buy a house :(.

Anyway getting back to your question I still may have the headlight unit as I fitted a Vetter fairing and maybe the YICS carb tool but I cant remember seeing it in my service kit.

• 8 months later...

Hey great to hear others are still riding this fine motorcycle! I got 90,000 miles on the original motor, then something went wrong in the gearbox. I looked around and found another motor with about 2,000 miles on it. With general maintenence & as long as I can find parts, I'll ride this bike forever! I've made lots of mods so now only really knowledgable people know its a 1982 motorcycle. I get compliments everywhere i go & questions about what kind it is, ect. I'm new here & still trying to figure out how to navigate this page. Lets all put up pics of our Secas. Even if I had enough money for a new bike I'd keep this one. It always has done everything I've asked of it & its reliability is nothing short of phenominable! Sure it aint no modern race bike but is plenty fast for me & who needs the speeding tickets anyway. Hope to hear some feedback. Riding season here in Minnesota USA is still 2 months away & I cant wait to go riding!!!

I just drove into New York City to buy a 1982 XJ750 Seca. It hasn't run in 20 years, but it's all there (except the headlight). I can't wait to get it running- but I have a bigger problem than that right now.... I have no title and no keys! That's why I got it so cheap!!

I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me figure out my VIN number. The middle 3 digits were worn off the triple-tree where the cables were rubbing, so I don't know how to figure it out. What I can read goes like this: JYA5G2_ _ _ followed by CA102907 The engine no. reads: 5G2102907

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!!....

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

In 1982, while riding through Calgary, after working in lake Louise, I was passing by a Yamaha dealership. I was riding my bought new in Edmonton, 1981 650 Maxim when I spotted the brand new shiny black 750 Seca sitting on a small concrete pad used to showcase certain bikes. The Seca sported a red strip on either side of its cafe styled tank. It had just finished raining lightly, and water drops shimmered along its surfaced. I slowed down as quick as I could but had to drive up ahead to the nearest intersection and pull a U'ye. I stopped along side of what I thought was probably the most beautiful bike I had ever encountered over my 22 years of young life. Within 40 minutes, and after having traded in my 1 year old Maxim and writing a check for the difference (which I think was around a $1000), I sat upon my beautiful new XJ750 Seca and drove down the road to highway 2. Over the next three hours, I was the proudest and happiest I've ever been (marriage and children the only exemption)! I sold that bike only a year later, through tears, to help pay my way through college, it was in mint shape, of course. Not a scratch on it. Although I had managed to put nearly 8000 miles on the odometer!

I never road again.

Until last year when I found a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750, nearly perfect but repainted in a copper color. It had 38,000 kilometres on it but looked beautiful and sounded beautiful - just as I remembered it sounding - with a whirring, winding clatter. Coincidently, the bike was for sale in Calgary, where I first laid eyes and then acquired my first Seca. I drove to Calgary, paid exactly what I had sold my bike for, three decades earlier, and drove away, again down Hwy 2, in bliss. I will never sell it.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online