how to remove tighten screws on a sealed clock face

little dave
This post is 5179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

a while back i posted asking how to take apart my spedometer on my 1974 dt175 in order to tighten the screws on the fac all around to frevent tampering.

well. i had to fix it because the screws were starting to loosen badly.

after removing the unit. i removed the rubber gasket/bezel.

then i used a grinder and made a champher cut all the way around so that it took away right at the point where the crimp edge rolls over the lip that makes up the base of the unit. all the way around leaving a small ring beyond the crimp point which i discarded.

here is a short video of the rest.

video of removal

you will note that i wrote out on the glass. this was in case i decided to take the glass out of the newly removed bezelcap which i did not afterall.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good vid Dave, neat bit of grinding too, was that with a dremel of some sort?

well, i intended to and started with my dremmel. but it was really slow going so i switched to my small angled air die grinder with a 60 grit roloc disk. if you have never heard of a roloc disk. they are the best thing in the world. the shafted piece and flat backer disk mount in your air grinder and it has a threaded hole that the disposable sanding disk just screws into. easy disk changing. no clips or glue.

roloc1.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online