De Restricting my DT125R

Airhead
This post is 3815 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

since august milieage is 12022 the performance was getting better the longer i rid it but that was after the powervalve was adjusted

its all there^

owned since august - so he has had it like 2 or 3 months

he says the performance has got better since adjusting the powervalve - so better then it was when first bought

millage 12022

:eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

im confused ?

its all there^

owned since august - so he has had it like 2 or 3 months

he says the performance has got better since adjusting the powervalve - so better then it was when first bought

millage 12022

:eusa_whistle:

sorry guys I seem to have lost the plot a bit there :D

well then crazy one...

youve only just got the bike (august) and she's done 12000 miles, I'd do a quick compression test if it were me just in case the rings are getting a bit worn....the info for that is also in this thread somewhere

sorry guys I seem to have lost the plot a bit there :D

well then crazy one...

youve only just got the bike (august) and she's done 12000 miles, I'd do a quick compression test if it were me just in case the rings are getting a bit worn....the info for that is also in this thread somewhere

when i had an oil change i asked the bloke to do a compression test he said it was fine dose the power valve have to line up with the hole behind the plastic thing or is it a diffirent possition ?

when i had an oil change i asked the bloke to do a compression test he said it was fine dose the power valve have to line up with the hole behind the plastic thing or is it a diffirent possition ?

The thing is...did the guy actually do a proper test with a gauge or did he just feel compression and assume it's fine?

What measurement did he get? It should be about 100psi you'll see if you look through this thread and on the subject of looking through this thread there is detailed info on setting up the pv

there are two types of pv

my 2003 bike had a diamond shaped end that went inside of the pulley and this type has the means of fitting it in a position that would reduce power output, the other type had no restricted position, with that type you either had it right or wrong by 180 degrees; you'd have to take the pulley off to see what you have

bikes now running mint just fitted a dep end can and new plug nice brown colour, where is the reed swich ? what dose it look like ? also is there actually something in the inlet manifold as i dont know entirly what i am doing dont wanna brake anything i havent toched the pv as seems to be working fine takes so long to build the revs up to hit the power band low revs are quiet sluggish would really appreceat the help

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online