De Restricting my DT125R

Airhead
This post is 3841 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

paid £20 posted for 3mb head - £70 posted for re-lined cylinder

ill look into the paint!

what sort of performance gain did you notice if any with the 3mb head? i cant get mine to go past 60mph i would be happy with 70mph so i could keep 60 constant without having to red line the bike i mean if the head does give it a little bit more snap off the mark ill go up a tooth on the front sprocket.

im just worried if i go up a tooth ill kill the acceleration!!

i like my little bike so i dont wanna ruin the ride

cheers

ken

Sounds like you got a bargain there Ken. Nice one. I've also fitted a 3MB head but did ride this particular bike without it as it was a non runner when i bought it. Mine will get to 70 (on the clocks) and I've not yet taken it to redline. My acceleration is still very good. I believe im on standard sprockets but never actually checked tbh. Keep us posted!

thats what i thought 70mph should be reachable in my opinion but ill not know what sprockets its running until i pull her to bits and check everything over!!

i have a 17 tooth front sprocket and i think ill get a couple more have a play about with it see whats suitable to me

cheers

ken

There are different clocks. Some have red line at 9.5krpm and some at 10.5krpm. Mine is 10.5kprm. My clocks are import clocks in kph. I've fitted a speedo converter on the back of the clocks so to get off the clocks i'll have to get to 140mph indicated. Do you reckon i should try :spin2: !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone know what this wire behind the clocks looks like or what colour it is mines an 03 it has a full dep just had exhaust off and looked up the port turned on ignition and can see about ten mill of the valve as it sets so am sure it could be opened a tad more.the valve seems to want to kick in around 7000rpm but then just coughs and splutters tried everything its a nightmare ,cheers

anyone know what this wire behind the clocks looks like or what colour it is mines an 03 it has a full dep just had exhaust off and looked up the port turned on ignition and can see about ten mill of the valve as it sets so am sure it could be opened a tad more.the valve seems to want to kick in around 7000rpm but then just coughs and splutters tried everything its a nightmare ,cheers

when you turn on the ignition and the pv cleans and then comes to rest it should then be smooth along the top of the port...it's all explained in here if you care to find it

• 2 weeks later...

hi mines an 03 dtr 125 valve is fully open upjetted n carb set up,anyone know what this rees switch wire looks like colour etc as from 1st to 4th its mental 70 mph in 4th gear and then 5th and 6th it drops outa valve and dies so i think it could be this ilustrious wire ,any help much appreciated cheers

hi all

Im confused can you put an servo on a 1989 dtr CDI ??????? sorry for being noob

Yes Jake you can, but it must be the earlier 3 wire servo, not the later 5 wire one

• 6 months later...

airhead you seem to know about dts, soon as i get into 5th gear my bike has no grunt at all, it takes so long to hit the power band again dose the exhaust port have to be slightly open when the ignition is off or fully open? ive been seaching for weeks how to de restrict it its driving me mad

airhead you seem to know about dts, soon as i get into 5th gear my bike has no grunt at all, it takes so long to hit the power band again dose the exhaust port have to be slightly open when the ignition is off or fully open? ive been seaching for weeks how to de restrict it its driving me mad

see post #232, all the info is in here

hello everyone i bought a 2002 dt in august at first it wouldnt hit the power bands but my friend had a play with the servo and eventually it hit the bands but max speed was only 60 65 mph it hits about 70 after i took the snorkle of the airbox and covered up a hole that was drilled by the previous owner and went alright all the way up until 4th then dosent hit the bands that quick i dont want my bike to do sily speeds just want it to get to 70 quicker any ideas what i can do ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online