R6 headers

Chris 46
This post is 5174 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi just a quick question.............have a racefit growler exhaust on my R6, i want to get rid of the standard headers/cat for some after market ones, would i have to have her dyno'd or would she run ok with out?????

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi just a quick question.............have a racefit growler exhaust on my R6, i want to get rid of the standard headers/cat for some after market ones, would i have to have her dyno'd or would she run ok with out?????

Thanks

Hi mate,

Id probably suggest fitting a Power Commander if you intend to change the full lot. And if your fitting the PC it would make sense to get it set up on a Dyno, just to get it perfect.

Ricky

Thanks

I think they go hand in hand. Few years back i fitted a full race system to a suzuki i had. TTS ran it 28times on the dyno to really get it right. I thought it was pretty good straight out of the box, then it was set up properly. Wow big difference.

I see it as part of fitting the exhaust. If the headers are worth fitting in respect of improved performance then by definition need carb work (read dyno time) to get right.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online