Yamaha MT-03

TrevorDawes
This post is 5175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guy's I have a Yamaha MT-03 2008 model and I am loving it to bits. I was hoping that someone can offer some advise.

On the open road the bike revs at 5500 RPM (Red lines at 6500) at 120KMS, I would like to drop the revs by say 500 RPM.

Has anyone done this before? see the local support is well not what it should be as here in South Africa there are not many of these bikes.

I know that this is a "Trial and Error" exercise but as you know, money is the problem.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Trevor

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An easy fix is 2 or 3 teeth off the rear sprocket for a 500 rpm drop... did that on mine with a Renthal, worked a treat and only affected my speedo reading minimally. Any other questions, just ask! :D

Yeh as curly says " you can also go up 1 tooth on the front sprocket,, or 2 if doing a lot of motorway touring, But inspect the casing area for fouling clutch operating mechanisms & cables , with bigger sprocketswink.gif

Mwah ha ha ha.... you want loud? Gotta be titanium Arrows all the way, baffles removed without question :P

Popped 'n' banged like a good 'un on overrun and never ceased to make me chuckle :lol:

Expensive? Certainly. Worth it? Undoubtedly.

MT180308.jpg

Popped 'n' banged like a good 'un on overrun and never ceased to make me chuckle :lol:

If that is a problem you can eliminate the overrun pops by blocking or removing the AIS plumbing.

P.S. Also needed a Power Commander and dyno time but again.... all worth it ;)

Yep. Run these motors with breathing modificayions at your peril without one!!

Try for Power Commanders, the owner (Simon) is a top bloke, knows his stuff and will do the best price on a PC-V for you. In fact if you speak to him first, he may even have the right map for some cans, saving you anywhere between £120 and £200 for Dyno time!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online