Which exhaust for an FZ1

MissuzZ
This post is 4235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

I want to replace the standard exhaust on my FZ1-N for something with a nicer note ;) I want something street legal and carbon (the bike is black and the carbon will look good).

I've seen photos of other bikes with Scorpion, Beowulf and Yoshi cans and all look good, but which would you recommend and why?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

After a long search, I chose a shorty Remus Powercone for my 2008 FZ1-NA. Sounds awesome and has a luverly throaty growl to it :D

It's very loud without the baffle in so, for the first time in my biking career, I had to put the baffle back in an exhaust :o

The first pic is one of someone else's bike. I have removed the rear pegs and used an Evotech exhaust hanger.

I got mine from Craig at Cal Sport for a very good price and the service was excellent. Cal Sport's number is 0121 753 0415.

Hope that might help?

Remus_powercone.jpg

P1000283.jpg

Im with CurlyGirl, I think the Remus Powercone looks fantastic, built well and is good value. There are other options, like the Akrapovic, but you do pay for the name a fair bit. That said, they are good quality and sound amazing. One of these two for me.

• 4 months later...

After a long search, I chose a shorty Remus Powercone for my 2008 FZ1-NA. Sounds awesome and has a luverly throaty growl to it :D

CG, very nice looking exhaust. Have you got just a slip on or the hole exhaust was changed?

The tel. no you gave is for UK, right? I've tried to find any resellers anywhere else in EU and found none :(

If I fail to find it finally, I think will try to buy it distantly in UK...

P.S. btw what was the price for your powercone?

• 2 weeks later...

CG, very nice looking exhaust. Have you got just a slip on or the hole exhaust was changed?

The tel. no you gave is for UK, right? I've tried to find any resellers anywhere else in EU and found none :(

If I fail to find it finally, I think will try to buy it distantly in UK...

P.S. btw what was the price for your powercone?

Thanks, mate :) It's just the end can. Yes it's a UK based retailer. Shame you can't find them elsewhere. Maybe try contacting Remus direct to find a retailer where you are? Hope you have some luck :)

I paid £310 incl. delivery in Mar-08.

Sould have Got the HR1 Exhaust i have one on my R6 and my dad had one on his fz1s 09 plate, the sound is awesome!

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

Just for reference, Remus manufacture a "standard" length muffler and a "extra short" version.

The one which CurlyGirl has fitted is the extra short version :spin2:

Here are two comparison pictures:

SHORT

th_YamahaFZ12006ShortPowercone.jpg

STANDARD

th_YamahaFZ12006StandardPowercone.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online